Chapter 16

Chapter 16

            Plaines threw open the door to the control box and flew towards me.  His face was twisted with rage, his footfalls thundering through the metal room.  One of the guards chased after him, his face radiating fear.  I stood tall, this man did not frighten me, he was nothing but show.  He shouted and made a lot of noise, but that is all he would do, he was a coward underneath. 

 “You cocky, feathered freak!” he shouted at me, his face was bright red, “You have some balls saying something like that to me!”

 I just stood there motionless, staring at him.  He was standing close, glaring up at me with pure hatred.  I was not going to give him the angered response he wanted.

 Surprisingly his face became an even brighter shade of red, “answer me you failed piece of filth!”

 I just continued to stare, I would not give him what he wanted. Plaines face continued to show his growing rage.

 “Alright, screw this,” he turned and took the side arm from the guard next to him and pointed it at me, “I’m just going to kill you now.”

 The guard whom he took the pistol from looked terrified, “but sir, Dr. Fields will be furious,” he stuttered weakly.

 “I don’t care!” Plaines screamed, “Besides I bet he would thank me for saving him the trouble.  I can only imagine what this piece of filth did to his daughter when they were alone in the wilderness.  I bet it gets really cold there, have to find some way of staying warm, and if I remember right, young Sora is quite beautiful.  Although, do you even have those parts, though I doubt it would matter to her.” he said with a mocking smile. 

 I snapped, I disarmed him before he could realize what I did and struck him across the temple with the grip of the weapon.  There was a sharp crack as metal hit bone and he crumpled to the floor.  The guard stunned by what I had just done, tried to defend is boss by aiming his shotgun at me.  I kicked it out of his hands and aimed the pistol between his eyes.  His hands flew up in surrender.

 “What are you waiting for you idiot, kill him!” Plaines screamed from the floor as he tried to push himself back up. 

 I kicked him back down, and but a foot on his throat, killing claw raised, “How dare you insult Sora in such a manner, you worthless coward.  If you wanted me dead, you should have shot me when you had the chance, instead of bragging.”

 He just continued to glare up at me from the floor, sweat was beading up on his forehead.  I could see fear in his eyes as well, fear of death.  He had been over confident that none of his splices would rebel against him, but I was not his creation.  Even Fields had not been that arrogant.

 Then something changed in his eyes.  The fear started to leave and a vague recognition set in, like he was seeing someone that he had not seen in a long time.

 “Wait a minute,” he said as he studied my face from the floor, “Why do you…?”  Then it seemed to click in his mind.  He started to laugh, “Oh this is too good!  Tell me VR-3, did Fields ever tell you why you were created?”

 “No, why does that matter to you?” I said glaring at him.

 He only laughed harder, “So that’s why the big man has been throwing such a fit.  You idiotic beast, you strike me for insulting your little girlfriend, but you have no idea how much danger you, yourself have put her in by escaping from Fields.”

 Shock hit me worse than the gorilla splice did. I struck the guard with the pistol hard enough to knock him out and before he could even hit the floor, I had the gun aimed at Plaines.

 “What do you mean?  Why is Sora in danger?”  I roared at  him. 

 He continued to laugh, “Why should I ruin the surprise?  I bet you would love to meet the family after they kill your girlfriend.”

 He continued to laugh, mocking me with the information he would not relinquish.  I roared and kicked him in the side of the head, knocking him out and ending his laughter.  I took the key card that hung from around his neck, and stormed back to the control box, pistol still in hand.  I could see mild fear and awe on Shadow’s and Arthur’s faces as I walked past them and used Plaines' card to open the door out of the arena.

 “So about the escape plan?” Arthur asked.

 “Change in plans,” I said heatedly, and waved for them to follow.