Chapter 46

Please be aware that this chapter and some others that follow have a different rating than the rest of the story.

Guy is momentarily taken aback by Katherine’s actions and then he stops thinking. All he knows is that his arm is locking around her, pulling her more tightly into him, and finally, finally, he is kissing that mouth and it feels like yielding velvet.

       He pushes his tongue deep between her lips, into sweet molten honey.

       There is so much he wants to do with this woman, to this woman, and he wants to do it all now. He is out of control, kissing her remorselessly, pressing the whole of himself against her.

        He has been denied her for so long that he has to have her. He does not intend to stop until he has seen her dissolve and melt into him. He is consuming her and the ferocity of his attention is overwhelming.

       Katherine cannot breathe. What had she expected when she had kissed him? That she would then tenderly remove his shirt and run her hands over him? That he would stand there and just let her do that? Nothing in her past prepares her for how strong Guy's reaction to that first kiss has been. As she responds to his kisses, she feels out of control too.

       Yet even as the pleasurable sensations build within her, she fears his  strength and now he is giving her no quarter. She tries to break her mouth free of his, ‘Guy, I have to tell you–‘

      ‘No, Katherine, ‘he hisses, ‘no more talking, not this mouth, not today,’ and with that his lips are upon hers again, his tongue exploring her relentlessly.  Panic is rising within her as he pushes her towards the bed and gets her down on to it.  ‘Guy…’ she tries to say, but his mouth will not leave hers alone and she feels his hand on her leg, pushing up her nightshift. Within moments he has pushed it up past her waist.

       She lets out a gasp, and then barely has time to cope with the feelings stirred in her by such intimacy before she feels his mouth kiss a trail down her neck.

       She is completely lost, swept away by what he is doing.

      Suddenly she hears him say, ‘Take this off,’ and feels him tug at her nightshift. His tone is so insistent that she does as she is told, her hands trembling. She pulls the garment up and over her head and then, tentatively looking up, she is shocked to see the depth of the hunger in his eyes. It makes her stomach clench but she has no time to think before he is upon her again, pushing her back down on to the bed and moving stealthily over her with his hot, rough mouth until he reaches a breast. Soon he is paying it such exquisite attention that she cannot stand the intensity of it and grabs hold of his hair to try to stop him.

       Guy lets out a low growl, reaches up and dislodges her hand and simply moves with renewed vigour to her other breast.

       Katherine feels smothered and not a little scared. His weight is pressing down on her, she cannot move. ‘No, no, slow down, ‘she pleads with him, but he is not going to listen.

        Lord help me. I must tell him … I cannot go on ...

        But now her breath is coming in short rasps and she hears Guy telling her to unlace his breeches. His voice is ragged and low and his mouth and fingers continue to torture her, causing her to fumble over the laces. She is shaking, but does not know if it is from fear or desire.

        ‘Touch me there Katherine,’ he orders as she manages to undo his breeches, ‘Pull my breeches down and touch me there.’ Katherine dares not defy him and in truth wants and does not want to do as he commands. She knows there will be no going back now. Struggling to pull his breeches down, she feels his bare thighs against her own and hears herself let out a moan.

        His voice seemed harsh and demanding as he repeats his order and as Katherine does as he asks, she sees his eyes close in ecstasy.

        At that very moment he seems like the most beautiful and the most frightening thing she has ever seen.

        Then without warning he dips down away from her grasp and lifts up one of her knees and she knows that now there is no time to tell him, she must just hope that he will not notice.

Sweet Jesus, she’s finally mine.

        It is Guy’s only thought as he pushes himself into her, but as he does, he feels Katherine tense and then gasp. He looks down at her only to see her close her eyes in pain.

        The surprise at what he is seeing stops Guy completely in his tracks. He looks at Katherine incredulously and at that moment she opens her eyes wide in fear. She seems as if she is pleading with him, but he cannot make sense of anything; can only hear the sound of their laboured breathing.

          And then he does the worst possible thing he could have done.

          He starts to laugh.