Day 50

Day 50 

"Parker, stop being so annoying." Aspyn grumbles as she narrows her eyes at Parker, who was seated on the counter. 

His strong, cool laugh reverberated off the warm walls of the coffee shop. Parker decided to come visit Aspyn at work today. She tried to pretend she didn't want him there, but honestly she loved having him around. Even when he was annoying. 

"Sorry, I didn't realize this was annoying." He joked as he swiped the sugar away from her again. 

Aspyn snorted and pushed him off of the counter. 

"Rude." 

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." Aspyn said, rolling her eyes. 

Parker swiftly jumped over the counter and approached Aspyn. 

"You'll regret that." Parker said with a glint in his eye. 

He slowly walked closer to Aspyn, backing her into a corner. 

"Doubt it." Aspyn said quietly. 

Parker's eyes flicked down to Aspyn's lips for a moment. 

Aspyn's back bumped against the wall and she bit her lip. 

A low laugh escaped Parker's mouth as he moved in closer. 

Parker's lips hovered above Aspyn's and she wished he'd just kiss her already. His index fingers wrapped around hers as he brushed his lips against hers. Aspyn pushed forward deepening the kiss, catching Parker off guard. He tasted like cigarettes and coffee; a taste Aspyn had grown to love. 

Just as she was about to pass out from lack of air, Parker gently pulled away and smiled. 

Aspyn wished he would smile more, it really was beautiful. Aspyn pulled him to her and quickly pecked his lips. 

"Okay, I have to work now." She said with hesitation. 

"Barely anyone is here..." Parker trailed off.

Aspyn glanced around and saw only one person sitting in the corner, staring out the window wistfully. Margret. 

"I'm worried about her... Shes seemed so distant lately..." Aspyn murmured, concern laced heavily through her voice. 

Parker was silent for a few moments and then sighed. "She just misses my granddad, you know?" 

Aspyn nodded her head as a pain grew in her heart. Oh, Mrs. Stevenson....

***

That night, Aspyn laid under the stars in the park. She was mesmerized by the swirls and colors of the night sky. Since she was twelve, she came here and watched the stars whenever she felt troubled. 

"Hey, stranger." Parker whispered as he lay down next to her. 

Aspyn kept her gaze on the stars, but reached for his hand and held it tightly. 

"What are you doing out here so late?" His low voice had dropped even lower. 

"I could ask you the same thing." Aspyn said with a faint smile on her face. 

"Ha ha. Clever." Parker joked sarcastically. 

"The stars are always there, ya know? Always changing, yet always constant at the same time." Aspyn said with tears shimmering in her eyes. 

Parker squeezed her hand and glanced at the tears now sliding down her face. "The stars are pretty great." His words tumbled off his tongue and floated through the midnight air. 

Aspyn let the silence drown her incessant thoughts. No one dared make a sound as the silence was too beautiful to destroy. 

With Parker next to her, holding her hand, the world didn't feel so big and overwhelming anymore. With him beside her, she felt like she belonged in this crazy world. She felt like no matter what happened, it could never hurt her like it did before. Not now, not when Parker was on her side. 

Aspyn turned over on her side and stared at Parker's profile. His strong jaw softened when he realized she was looking at him. He lazily looked over at Aspyn and smiled. 

"Hey." He said, breaking the silence. 

"Hi." She said as quiet as a mouse. 

Parker closed his eyes and inhaled slowly. "Thanks for not giving up on me." 

"You couldn't get rid of me even if you wanted to." Aspyn said softly. 

Parker's eyes flashed open and he gazed warmly at Aspyn. 

"Okay." Parker whispered. 

Aspyn inched closer to him and rested her head on his chest. She listened to his strong heart beat and wondered if she had ever made it race. She squeezed his hand and listened as his heart sped up for a moment and then returned to normal. She smirked smugly, to herself. 

"What are you so smug about?" Parker asked, amused. 

"Oh, nothing." Aspyn answered lazily, her eyes starting to close.

"I love you." Parker said softly. 

Aspyn didn't hear him as she was already drifting into dreamland. 

______________________________________________

Did you guys enjoy Parker and Aspyn's cuteness? I hope so. Haha. 

So, guys, there's probably going to be two or three more chapters left to this story. 

Anyways, please vote and comment c: