Day 1

Day 1

Rain beat down upon the roof of the quiet coffee shop. The gray skies had not dampened the mood of the coffee shop, though. Couples still ran in, hand in hand, laughing after running through the rain. Margret Stevenson, a regular customer, strolled through the doors each day; smiling as she smelled the hot, sharp smell of the coffee. And today, unlike any other, Margret strolled in. Yet something was different and Aspyn picked up on it instantly. 

"Hello, Mrs. Stevenson, how are you today?" 

"Oh, Aspyn, I'm better than ever. My grandson is finally coming to visit me. It gets lonely being in that big house without Mr. Stevenson. Hopefully Parker will liven it up a bit." Margret actually giggled. A warm giggle; sharply contrasting with the cold world held at bay by the doors of the coffee shop. 

"Oh, that's nice. I'm glad he's decided to visit. Company will be good for you." Aspyn imagined a nice little grandson with his hair combed neatly to the side, clad in an argyle sweater vest.

Rest assured, that is not what sauntered through the door of the cozy coffee shop. What sauntered through the door was a guy dressed in all black. Black leather jacket, black jeans, black converse. He appeared annoyed as he raked a hand through his damp sandy blond hair. He is not at all what Aspyn expected sweet little Mrs. Stevenson's grandson to look like. 

"Grandma, are you done here yet?" He said with a scowl on his face. 

"I haven't even ordered yet. Patience, boy." Margret snapped at him. 

His scowl deepened on his face as he huffed in annoyance. 

"What would you like today?" Aspyn asked. 

"Oh, hmm. I'll have a hot chocolate." 

Aspyn smiled because she already knew what Margret would say. She orders the same thing every day. Aspyn called her out on it in the past. Margret assured her that she would never tire of hot chocolate. 

As Asypn hurried to make the drink, Parker said something to his grandma. 

"Why do you like this hole in the wall so much?"

"Don't be disrespectful. It's a nice place to come when you're lonely." Margret said quietly. 

Parker didn't say another word until they exited the shop. 

"I hope you like coffee, love. We'll be spending a lot of time in there." A smile took over the old woman's face. 

Parker huffed and rolled his eyes. "Grandma, I didn't come here to watch you drink coffee." 

"You came here to get better. You came here to recover. And honey? The best remedy is a cup of hot coffee from this here shop." 

"Oh, I'm sure." Sarcasm dripped into his voice. 

***

And that was the first day. The first day of Parker and Aspyn's story.

I have faith that this story will turn out wonderfully. Hopefully, you all think so as well! Vote, comment, and follow me :)