Chapter 4 im through with you

"....I'm through with you."

•Mackenzie Peters•

"So when are we going to go swim?" Alex asked me after we went over the thing with austin.
"As soon as austin shows up." I say. "Where is he?"
"I'm here! The party may now begin." Austin said bursting through my door. I smiled at his comment but then realized what I was doing and stopped.
"Leggo!" I shout pointing towards the door. I bounced down the hard wood steps and out the backyard.
"Woah your backyard is perfect!" Alex said in awe.
"Thanks. My aunt and I designed it." I say smiling.
"To the pool!" Sarah yells running towards the pool taking off her clothes in the process and jumps in. Alex whistles and I laugh. Alex, and Zach strip down to their bathing suits and jump in. I laugh at them and go to the projector plugging my phone in. I blast my playlist making sure it was the one without Austin's music. Done by the band perry started to play. Yes! This was the perfect song. I started to sing along.
"Mama always told me that i should play nice but she didn't know you when she gave me that advice I'm through with you. Your one bridge I'd like to burn bottle up the ashes smash the urn. I'm through with you." I sang the last part of the chorus looking at austin. I looked into his deep hazel eyes, the same ones I'd fallen for years ago. The only emotion I could read was regret. Did he regret what he did? Or am I just reading him wrong? Whatever. I took off my tank top and cutoffs, Alex whistled.
"Damn girl!" He yelled from behind me and I laughed.
"Wanna see something cool?" I ask looking at everyone in the pool.
"Yes!" They all chorused. Smiling I went to the edge were no one was and jumped doing two backflips in the process. When I resurfaced everyone was clapping.
"Nicely done!" Alex said and I thanked him laughing. Austin took off his shirt and I couldn't help but stare. He still had those amazing abs. Alex cleared his throat nudging me. I looked over and thanked him. Thankfully austin hadn't turned around and noticed me.
What was I doing? I couldn't be talking about austin like this! I wanted revenge not to fall for him. Was that really what was happening? Was I falling for austin again? I mentally groaned, I can not. I repeat can not fall for austin again he's hurt me to much. In all of my thoughts I was continually stating at the water and I didn't notice austin had jumped in. I felt something grab my leg and pulled me under water. I screamed and looked down to find austin underneath me.
"Chicken fight!" He screamed and Sarah got on Alex's back. Zach made sure each team was on properly and became the referee.
"1...2...3...go!" He screamed and austin moved me towards Sarah and Alex. I giggled as Sarah and I pushed each other. Austin was pretty strong since I didn't fall off. He held my thighs and I wrapped my feet behind him. I finally pushed Sarah down dragging Alex with her. Bonus! I let go of austin and fell back into the water. Once I resurfaced Alex and Sarah were making out in the corner of my pool. I laughed silently to myself, you could never break those two apart. I high fived Zach when I felt a pair of eyes on me. I turned around to find austin staring at me.
"Take a picture it'll last longer." I say getting up out of the pool and grabbing my towel. I walk inside hearing my name being called from outside. It was Austin. I rolled my eyes and went to the fridge, opening it. I felt a pair of arms snake around my waist.
"Hey gorgeous." He whispered in my ear sending shivers down my spine.
"Austin stop. We're through." I mange to whisper.
"But I love you." My heart jumped at his words.
"No you don't." I state not looking at him. "You wouldn't have done what you did." I walk up the stairs going to my room when austin pushed me up against the wall and brought his lips to mine. All of the memories came flooding back as I kissed him back, letting my fingers entwine into his hair and his at my waist. He pushed me farther into the wall so no part of our bodies weren't touching, and lifted my thighs up around his waist. He licked my bottom lip and I let him explore my mouth as he opened my bedroom door and walked us both inside. He laid me down on the bed hovering over me and smiled breaking the kiss.
"I didn't think you'd let me do that." He said with his perfect smile. I mentally slapped myself. Why did I let him do that? Why aren't I talking?
"It was a mistake." I say pushing him off of me and getting up out of the bed, opening the closet door. I pulled out another pair of cutoffs and my red one direction crop top.
"What was a mistake? Kissing me?" He scoffed like kissing him would never be a mistake.
"Actually yes that was the exact mistake I made thank you for clarifying." I reply with a smirk walking into the bathroom to change. I finished changing and redid my hair and makeup. Checking my look one last time in the mirror, I opened the door and walked back into my room to see austin on my computer.
"What the actual fuck do you think your doing?" He jumped.
"I'm-I'm sorry. It beep for an email and your files were open so I clicked on the one that had my name. Did I really do that much damage?" He asked referring to how upset I was in the video. I ignored his question.
"What gives you the right to go through my stuff? That's my personal business not yours. Get the hell out of my room. Better yet get the hell out of my house!" I shout at him pointing to the door. He stood up from my bed and walked over to me grabbing my hand.
"I'm so sorry princess." He said leaning closer. I jerked my hand away from his and slapped his cheek.
"I guess I deserved that."
"You guess? Wow austin your really that dense. I. Hate. You. I can barely stand being in the same room as you. Stay the hell away from me."
"That didn't matter a few minutes ago when we were kissing." He said smirking. I slapped his good cheek.
"Oh and never call me princess the only person who could ever call me that was the austin I remember not this dick standing in front of me now get the hell out of my house." I say and his face fell but he walked out of my room and I watched him walk to his house from my window. I felt a pain in my chest watching him go.

•Austin Mahone•

I walked to my house and up to my room tears spilling. I had changed her. I had made her into what she is now. I made her cry and break things. She wrote a song. Her voice was still as beautiful as always. I pulled out my laptop and brought up my email. I had sent the video to my email and deleted the evidence that I did. Yeah I know that's wrong but I need to watch all of it, she cut me off. The video loaded up and I plugged in my red beats.
"Okay um.." She said taking a deep breath, looking like she was about to cry. I wanted to be right next to her holding her in my arms and telling her it would all be okay but I can't.
"Austin... I... I can't." Her voice cracked. "Austin I will always love you. No matter how much you've actually hurt me my heart is stupid enough to go running back to yours. It hurts so ill ignore my heart. You make me crazy. See? I'm sitting here talking to a screen wishing it was you with me. I can't do this anymore. I'm sorry." She picked up a vase full of flowers and chucked it across the room. Tears flew down my cheeks. Why did I let her go? She sat back down at the chair and started to cry. My heart hurt for her. She pulled out a guitar and started to play a few chords.
"So many questions but I'm talking to myself. I know that you can't hear me anymore. Not anymore. So much to tell you and most of all goodbye but I know that you can't hear me anymore. It's so loud inside my head with words that I should've said and as I drown in my regrets I can't take back the words I never said. I never said. I can't take back the words I never said." She finished her song crying. She screamed why and walked over to her bed flipping the mattress and throwing the pillows around her room. She picked up a box from under her bed and chucked it at the wall. I saw papers fly out and various things scatter around the room. She gasped and ran to the items stepping on a pieces of broken glass. She screamed out and I cried harder. She pulled the piece of glass out and continued to pick up the scattered items. They must be important to her. She picked up a semi dead red rose and held it to her chest crying. I looked at the box of items and saw tons of notes. Notes that I wrote her. She kept them all. I stopped the video and walked over to my bed pulling out the shoebox that I kept with all of her stuff. I opened it for the first time in a long time. I didn't think I could look at this stuff without crying. I was right, just opening the box sent a whole new wave of tears to my eyes. I pulled out the back beanie she always stole from me and put it on. Now she'll always be with me. No matter what. I was going to wear this everyday. I looked back at the box and pulled out the various notes she wrote for me in class or when she was bored. She would always write your princess at the end instead of mackenzie or Kenzie because she knew I liked it better. At the bottoms of the box was a piece of paper with numbers scrawled across it. I pulled it out. It was handwriting but it was kind of faded. It was the date we met. The date I had found the other half of my heart. My door flung open and Alex walked in.
"Hey I'm- what's wrong?" He asked seeing my face.
"It's nothing." I mumble wiping the tears off my cheek.
"Well um I staying at Sarah's tonight if you need anything call me okay?" He said getting the hint that I didn't want to talk about it.
"Okay use protection!" I scream as he walks out the door with him bag.
"We won't!" I hear him yell back and I laugh. Alex knows exactly how to cheer me up. I pull a sheet of paper off my desk and a pen to write with.

'Kenzie,
I wanted you to have these. I love you forever and always princess.
~austy'

I taped the note to box and walked next door. I rang the doorbell and set the box down and ran back to my house. This is step one of getting over her. I need to get over her or ill end up hurting both of us again. I don't want to be the reason she cries anymore.