One

Ines sat at the large dining room eating her breakfast

Ines sat at the large dining room eating her breakfast. She sat all alone in the large handcrafted table that she had chosen when she was given the power to decorate Alessio's and her home five years ago.

The house was inherited by him after his grandfather passed away and the moment that Ines was given the power by Alessio himself to decorate the gorgeous estate, all on her own, she took the opportunity to design her dream home. This home was all she felt that was partly hers. It was the only thing she adored and kept it to look like a pristine home with the help of the estate's staff.

She drank her bitter coffee in silence and blinked her drowsy eyes open. They had just arrived from Seattle five hours ago back to their home in Italy and the plane ride had only allowed for a few hours of sleep to take part for Ines. She had not even added a tablespoon of sugar to her coffee in high hopes it would truly wake her up. It hadn't been doing too much though and so she took one last sip before placing it on the table and pushing it to the side. The bitterness still laid on her taste buds as she took a spoon full of plain oatmeal.

"He quit!?! Who allowed this to happen?" Alessio came into the dining room shouting into his cell phone. His private assistant had quit his job yesterday, and he was furious that he was barely getting the news today.

Why in the world would he fucking quit his job? He was paid reasonably well making one thousand euros a day. Who in their right mind would give up a job like that?

Alessio soon hung up the phone and sat down at the end of the table with Ines to his left who was oddly staring at him in confusion. He sent a maid to prepare him a plate of food and waited patiently for it to come. He looked over at his wife and raised an eyebrow at her. Her cheeks flushed and she continued to eat her oatmeal.

She was embarrassed at being caught staring at him but it was such a surprise to her that he had decided to have breakfast with her this morning. He rarely ate breakfast with her. Why had he decided to eat with her today?

She stole a glance at him only to catch his own stare directed towards her. She let her hair cover her burning cheeks as she silently ate her food.

"Is that all your eating?" Alessio asked her with disapproval in his voice. She looked down at her bowl in confusion. Oatmeal was a healthy choice in the morning so why was he practically scolding her for her choice in food.

A plate for him soon came out. The smell of freshly baked croissants filled the room. The maid came to the table and placed a large platter of them between the Addonizio's and placed a cup of coffee in front of Alessio along with a small plate. She soon left and Alessio began to eat.