Twelve

She sat at her desk replaying the conversation with the man that had gotten her to where she was now. She had agreed to help him gather information, but never to pimp herself out to her boss who was a married man. Richard wanted her to seduce Alessio so she could find out more about what he was doing. He was furious that his original plan had not gone as arranged and was rejected by Alessio. Now desperate to find something on his foe he needed Ophelia to look through his phone or office. This meant that she needed to find a way to have alone time with either or. It was not an easy task since she didn't have keys to his office and Alessio kept his phone on him at all times. That is why Richard proposed to her to simply sleep with him. She had mentioned to him how he had show interest the first time they met. Ophelia knew the time would come when he would ask her to do something preposterous like that. She just hoped it never had to come down to it.

For the longest time, Ophelia had loved Richard. He had saved her and she owed him her life. Richard took Ophelia in at the mere age of 18, pulling her away from the streets; paying for her studies, and granting her a stable life. All she had to do for him was help him when he beckoned for her. That is why three months ago she got hired at Addonizio Inc and when the opportunity for private assistant came, it was like fate playing alongside them.

The last thing Ophelia wanted to do was sleep with her boss. She loved Richard since the day they met. He never reciprocated his feelings for her, he had told her he was not capable of love. She didn't take that as a sign to step back, instead, she offered herself to him fully in hopes that one day he would love her too. Love could weaken one's demeanor, maybe that is why Richard never allowed himself to love. He did not want to be weak.

A knock came from Ophelia's office door and she got up from her chair. Before opening the door she made sure to have her top couple of buttons undone to show some cleavage. She would do whatever Richard asked of her, even if it felt like she was betraying him by offering her body to another man.
She was a naive girl smitten by love. Sometimes she even thought that if he asked her to kill for him she would not hesitate. After adjusting her look to seem more appealing she walked to the door and allowed the tall handsome man to enter.

"Mr. Addonizio, thank you for coming to help," she greeted him. Alessio's eyes instantly noticed the state of her shirt when he looked down at her. She was a very petite woman who measured at most 5'3, a whole foot shorter than him.

"Of course, what is it that you mentioned over the phone."

Ophelia went over to her desk and picked up the papers she had been examining. Richard had told her to make something up as an excuse to need him but to her surprise, she ended up finding something that really needed his attention. She gave the papers to her boss and started to explain.

"I was looking over these while I was setting them up for you when I noticed some of these numbers weren't adding up." Ophelia started to explain to him her discovery and she instantly saw his expression harden. "Are you okay sir?"

"Yes. Thank you for this Ophelia." Alessio looked up to the woman that had stepped even closer to him. "I appreciate this a lot."

"Of course sir, anything for you." She placed her right hand on his bicep and looked up at him under her lashes. She was a natural temptress.

Alessio stared down at her but soon retreated out of her touch, surprising even himself. He could not deny her beauty and the sex appeal she carried with her, but he did not want to have her, not when at the moment there was one woman making his insides burn with a lust he had tried to bury their whole marriage.

"Was there anything else you needed me for?" Alessio asked.

"No sir."

"Very well then I must go attend to this then."