Chapter Twenty Six

Two years later

"We're graduating," Lauren whispered to Dinah in the seat next to her while rubbing her thighs.

"Well, technically we," She motioned to Lauren, herself, Ally, and Normani. "Graduated yesterday. It's Mila's turn now."

Being in all different faculties, the girls had different graduation ceremonies. Ally, Dinah, and Normani all studying performing arts had their graduation yesterday morning, Lauren had hers last night, and now they were all attending Camila's.

At the mention of her girlfriend's name, Lauren looked to her left where Camila sat, waiting for the ceremony to start, talking to a friend. Camila caught Lauren's gaze, briefly looking her way. Lauren stuck her tongue out and Camila playfully rolled her eyes before returning back to her conversation. It made Lauren think back a little, to when the roles were reversed.

-Flashback-

"Are you nervous?" Normani asked Lauren from the other side of the fence. Lauren's softball team made it to state finals and the friends had gathered together to support Lauren.

"Honestly," Lauren began. "I can't breath right now." She chuckled nervously.

"Awe, Lauren, don't worry," Ally reassured her.

"She's right, you're just the captain and if you lose, the only thing anyone will remember is how you weren't able to lead the team," Dinah laughed, trying to lighten up the mood.

"Bad joke," Normani hit her arm and Dinah's hand went up to rub the sore skin there.

"Don't listen to her, Laur," Camila reassured. "You're great, the team is prepared, and your ass looks fucking good in those pants." Camila's eyes drifted down to Lauren's bum playfully.

"You're something else, Camila." A blush appeared on Lauren's lips and she shook her head shyly.

"Don't you have to go warm up or something?" Normani asked, motioning to the rest of the team on the field, they all seemed to be occupied.

"Shut up, I'm warming up her heart." Camila shoved Normani to the side so she was now directly in front of Lauren. The three girls all looked at each other and shook their heads. Camila and Lauren were always like this but they knew Camila was being extra, trying to get Lauren's nerves low.

"So Lauren," Camila began. "What are you going to do today?"

"I'm going to play softball?" Lauren asked, uncertain of where Camila was going with all this.

"No, you're going to win." She said forcefully. "You and your cute ass uniform are gonna send these hoes back to Tampa Bay. Do you understand me?" Lauren's lips curved up.

"I do." She answered. Camila looked down at Lauren's fingers hooked through the holes of the fence, she moved her hands to where Lauren's were. She couldn't exactly hold her hand at the moment but she knew the contact was enough to calm Lauren's nerves.

Lately, they've been flirting a lot more and Camila loved it, but she understood they were friends before anything.

Camila looked around quickly before spotting what she was looking for, a girl from their school walking around will pom poms and other noise makers that the students could get to cheer on the team.

Without any warning, Camila practically ran the short distance to the girl and rummaged through her bag quickly before giving her a side hug and running back to the girls.