Chapter Twenty

"Woah, Lauren, how much are you lifting?" Oli's voice interrupted Lauren's rep and she carefully placed the weight down on the stand. Lauren text Oli to see if she wanted to work out which Oli knew meant Lauren either wanted to talk or blow off steam. Either way, Oli would be there for both.

"Um, I don't know," Lauren sat up. "I just kind put a bunch of those metal plates on here and have it a go." She shrugged then reached down for her water bottle. Oli took a seat at one of the leg machines across from her. Oli went to the gym many times a week, it was practically her home so it offered a good atmosphere for Lauren and her to get together.

"I'm guessing you're trying to tone those biceps for Camila?" Oli teased but her expression dropped when Lauren didn't joke back. "What happened?" She asked in a knowing voice.

"Well..." Lauren began the story and Oli listened intently, not wanting to interrupt until the end.

"Shit, that's kind of intense." Oli breathed out. "Are you okay, though? Not to overstep or anything but the situation you were in was," She paused, trying to find the right words. "Compromising? Intense?" She tried.

"I get it," Lauren jumped in. "But I'm fine. I can't even begin to imagine a world where it could've gotten worse than that. She did stop, it just took a few tries. She wasn't exactly forceful. What she said was what got to me."

"Which part?"

"The whole 'let me make decisions for myself' part," She explained. "Oli, I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I were to find out she feels as though she's been drowning this entire time." Lauren's gaze dropped.

"Lo, you asked her straight up and she denied it. You're intimidating as fuck when you're pissed and she probably thought you guys couldn't get any worse. I know Camila, maybe not as much as you do but I did go to high school with you and I was there when shit happened back then."

"Okay," Lauren motioned for her to continue.

"You gave her the opportunity to speak up if she was feeling like that and she didn't speak up. Actually, she said the complete opposite and reassured you. Camila doesn't take shit from people, you know that, why would she put herself through something as serious of a relationship if she wasn't happy?"

"To not risk out friendship?" Lauren guessed

"On the contrary, if she wanted to save the friendship, she would not put herself or you in a situation where the two of you will grow to resent each other. She's smarter than that." Oli pointed out. When Lauren didn't answer, she spoke up again. "You know I'm right."

"What about this Selena girl?" Lauren asked, purposely not addressing the last bit.

"What about her?"

"What happens with her? I can't have her around if she's force-feeding my girlfriend alcohol and putting ideas into her head!"

"So you are still together?" Oli asked.

"Well yeah," Lauren answered, a little confused.

"Just making sure." Oli laughed. "It's not up to you who Camila can and can't hang out with but if it's such a problem, sit her down and explain it to her."

"I trust Camila, I don't trust her. You know?" Lauren expressed.

"And justifiably so. I doubt Camila's going to want to hang out with her now, anyways." Oli said, truthfully.

"She said she has something planned for the end of the week," Lauren told her.

"Something like...?"