Chapter Nine

"So you're telling me that Lauren showed up before your class, said some cute shit, pulled down her pants, and she asked you out by showing you her ass?" Dinah asked and Camila nodded. "That's legendary"

"Didn't know you had it in you" Normani added to which Lauren flipped her off.

"Proud of you, Laur" Ally said, giving her a sweet smile. Lauren reached over with the hand that wasn't holding Camila's and gave Ally's arm squeeze and mouthed 'Thank you'. It's not that their talk about Camila was necessarily a secret but Lauren liked knowing they had that moment to themselves and that she could confide in Ally; and Ally understood that.

"Well I'm glad the bullshit is over" Dinah announced.

"Bullshit?" Camila asked

"Yeah those three days were you avoided each other like the plague, I don't know if it was worse for you guys or for me" Dinah said, shaking her head.

"I think it was worse for us" Lauren laughed "It won't happen again"

Lauren looked down at her and Camila's intertwined hands, then up at Camila. Lauren gave her a smile and Camila was quick to reciprocate.

"You guys are disgustingly cute" Normani said, breaking their unspoken staring contest.

"Let them be!" Ally defended "Do you guys wanna order pizza since we're all in tonight?"

"Yes" Camila answered, immediately pulling out her phone to dial the number.

~~~~~

"Can I take you out?" Camila asked quietly. It was now 3:00 am and the girls were laying in bed. They had fallen asleep together like usual but when Lauren and woken up to use the washroom, both her and Camila were wide awake, craving each other's company and now there they were. Lauren had one of Camila's hoodies on and Camila had one of Lauren's t-shirts on. They were both facing each other, as if reverse spooning. Camila's head was in the crook of Lauren's neck and her hand rested on the other side, lightly drawing shapes with her thumb long Lauren's neck. Lauren's arm was under Camila's shirt, grazing the skin of her stomach, moving with Camila's breaths. Their legs were a tangled mess, Lauren had on sleeping shorts while Camila was just in underwear. Either way, the girls were enjoying the intimacy of it all. They were in Lauren's room, the lights were off and the window was open. Stars and the moon peaked through, making the atmosphere extremely dream-like and in that moment, both girls would probably bet they were dreaming.

Lauren was surprising herself. First, she committed to Camila, and now, many hours later, she didn't feel the least bit nervous; she wasn't scared. It felt right to her, she figured if she made the wrong decision she would feel differently, but she didn't. Lauren expected a part of her to feel doubt or worry in the pit of her stomach at some point, even for a split second, but it didn't come. She was thankful for that because with Camila, time was still. Seconds felt like minutes, minutes felt like hours, hours felt like days, days felt like years, and she loved it. Kissing Camila was always in slow motion, hugging her made the room stop, but every time they parted she felt like it wasn't long enough, she always wanted more. Everything was intensified with Camila. Feelings, emotions, touches, everything was heightened; good and bad. Luck for her, she had only experienced good up until this point, excluding the three days of hell, as she liked to call it.

"Yeah, of coarse you can take me out, you take me out all the time." Lauren answered, their voices just above a whisper, considering their proximity.

"No, you take me out all the time or we go out, but I've never taken you out like you took me to the hockey game and stuff." Camila's hand went up to Lauren's cheek, she attached their lips for a few seconds before allowing Lauren to answer. Lauren gave her a quick peck before speaking.