Chapter Five

Lauren slid the key in the key hole and turned to the right. She had forgotten how exhausting working out was, but then again she wasn't getting much sleep at night no thanks to her thoughts. She walked in, hanging her coat on the hanger in the entrance  way. The smell eggs and bacon filled her nose and she acknowledged the appetite she worked up at the gym for the first time. She figured she could have a quick bite then shower after. She walked into the kitchen expecting to find her four roommates but was met with Camila's back to her and steam coming from the stove in front of her roommate. It was cute, she thought, the idea of having Camila around cooking for her. It took just one thought like that to sent her mind into a spiral. Lauren began thinking of them living together, coming home from work and finding Camila having started dinner already or Lauren waking up and surprising Camila with breakfast in bed. Lauren didn't consider these thoughts to be unusual, they had been invading her mind for the last few weeks and she couldn't really complain. She liked the thought of possibly having a future and Camila being there  with her made it that much better.

"Shit! Lauren, you scared me!" Camila had one hand on her chest and the other gripping the counter. Lauren didn't bother with an 'I didn't mean to' or an 'oh sorry', instead she dropped her bag and started to walk to where Camila was. She immediately noticed the sunny side up eggs and bacon sizzling in the pan as well as a closed carton of eggs and the note she left Camila that morning stuck to their counter .

"I went out and bought eggs, I figured you'd be hungry and you know me, I'd never turn down food." Camila flashed her infamous toothy smile and that's when Lauren had it.  The advice Oli had given her echoed in her mind. She wasn't even sure if Camila was still taking because the only thing she heard was 'go get her, go get your girl' and that's exactly what she did.

"Camila, I'm going to kiss you now" Lauren stated while leaning in. Camila slowly nodded, lips slightly agape, not really understanding if it was real or not. One of Lauren's hand attached itself to Camila's waist in the space between Camila's pyjama pants and tank top. The skin was warm and sent a shock up Lauren's arm and gave her the confidence she needs. Lauren's other hand wraps itself around the back of Camila's neck pulling her in and finally lips meet lips in perfect harmony. They kiss slowly as if their entire bodies are still processing everything. Lauren tugs at Camila's bottom lip trying to savour the the taste and the feeling she was experience to her. The second their lips parted, Camila cupped Lauren's face with her hands and brought her back in. The kiss was hungry, it showed how much each of them wanted each other and how long it had been since the last time they had kissed.

The entire thing was familiar for the girls. Lauren's hands resting on the heat of Camila's bear skin, pulling her close and Camila's gentile but needy touch. Their lips were the ones feeling the most familiarity, memories of their first kiss and their many hooks ups filled the girls minds. It almost seemed like the time since high school and now had never happened; like they never stopped kissing, and though one hundred and one different things were running through the girls' minds, the only thing they were giving any attention to was each other.

When their lips finally parted, Camila's arms wrapped around Lauren's neck and Lauren's arms around Camila's waist. In attempt to prolong their intimacy, Lauren lightly sent kisses down Camila's jawline, then her neck, and finally stopped at her collar bone. Lauren looked back up at Camila's eyes.

"hi" Lauren finally breathed

"Hey! Lauren?!? Over here Lauren, you scared the shit out of me! How long have you been there?" Camila said breathlessly. When Lauren looked at her, she wasn't right in front of her, she was standing near the stove. Could she have imagined that entire thing? That question was answered when Camila brought her back from her thoughts for the second time that day.