Chapter Eighteen

After stalling in her room for what seemed like hours, Lauren finally decided she needed to go eat breakfast and at least try to function. She left her room, hoping Camila was still sleeping in her room but much to her misfortune, Camila was at the kitchen table with her head in her hands, obviously recovering from last nights events; much like Lauren. 

"Dinah, I swear, if you're here to make fun of me again I'll beat you up." Camila groaned, rubbing here yes. Lauren didn't answer, she just tiptoed to the fridge. Camila removed her hands and looked up. "Oh hey babe, I came in pretty late last night and I guess I didn't want to wake you so I slept in my room, I think. I was gonna sneak in to bed this morning but your door was locked." Camila told her.

"Yeah, it was." Lauren nodded, not making eye contact with Camila. She reached in and pulled out a bottle of water. So much for breakfast, she thought.

"I don't remember the last time either of our doors were actually locked," Camila laughed.

"You don't seem to remember a lot of things, huh?" Lauren shot back, making a move to go back to her room.

"Excuse me?" Camila asked. Lauren's grip on the bottle tightened.

"I'm just saying, you don't remember what happened last night, do you?" Lauren spoke, the viciousness in her voice scaring her slightly.

"What are you even talking about? " Camila asked, genuinely confused.

"I told you not to drink too much before you went out." Lauren stated, realizing that she had peeled off the label of the water bottle out of frustration, leaving her hand a sticky mess.

"I can take care of myself! What's the big deal? Not like you haven't gotten piss drunk before. I think we all remember senior year, Lauren."

"At least I smartened up." Lauren snapped, leaving the room.

"Where the fuck are you going?" Camila yelled after her.

"To wash my hands! Is that a problem?" Lauren shouted back.

"Seems like you're washing your hands of the situation instead!" Camila huffed. "I can't talk to you when you're like this!"

"Good 'cause I wasn't planning on talking to you!"

"What the fu-," Camila was cut off by the sound of the bathroom door slamming. Camila immediately pulled out her phone, the bright light reminded her of the headache she currently had. "Fuck." She mumbled rubbing her temples. She dialed Dinah's number and waited for her to pick up.

"Hello?" Dinah's voice cut off the ringing noise in Camila's ear.

"Dinah! What the fuck happened last night with Lauren?"

"No idea, you guys were fighting or something so I took you back to your room. I don't know what about, though, but Lauren was pissed."

"Can you find out?" Camila asked, hopefully.

"Oh fuck no, not getting in the middle of your Camren drama. Why, is she mad?"

"Beyond mad. Wait, where are you? I thought you were home?"

"I'm at the store, I'll be back soon. I left when you were asleep."

"Oh, hurry please."

With that, Camila ended the call. Her fingers curled around the mug of coffee in front of her. She brought it up to her lips only for the coffee to be cold. "Just my luck." She told herself, getting up and pouring the remains down the drain. She leaned on the counter and watched the liquid swim around the sink. She honestly couldn't remember anything from last night, she didn't even know her and Lauren saw each other after she came home. What ever she did couldn't be that bad, right? Camila figured they would need to talk, the one thing Lauren is refusing to do, and find out exactly what happened. She was just hoping Lauren would cooperate.