Chapter 5

I raised my wing as the beam fell. It hit my wing...hard and it grazed the nerve. I gasped as my wing went numb. The beam slid down and fell to the ground. I moved my wing behind me just as it locked in place. 

Angel are you ok? Professor X's voice rang through my mind. My legs buckled, No, I thought. I struggled to my feet as Alex rushed in.

" Angel, what happened?" he yelled in worry as I clutched my wing. My eyes darted to the beam and back. Alex Ran his fingers over the broken feathers he hit the nerve and my wing relaxed. I folded my wing up and let my hand fall. I gasped as I remembered the two kids.

" Alex, the kids!" I exclaimed. He glanced at me and dashed to the other side of the room, I quickly followed. I feel a tug on my wing and I flinched. I turned around and saw one of the little kids, she was coughing I picked her up and ran out of the building. 

"Stay here, your safer right here," I said holding on her shoulders and kneeling down seeing eye to eye with her.

"Are you my guardian angel?" She asked so innocently, she rubbed her eye and hugged me. I felt like I was suppose to save people for a living when she hugged me. 

"Yeah you can say that," I said in a soft voice. I glanced at the building then looked back at her. 

"I'll be back," I say as I dash towards the building.

"Promise?" She yelled back at me. I just ignored her cute little voice as I saw the flames again. 

"Alex where are you?" I screeched as some wood almost fell on top of me. 

"Over here!" he answered back. I look around trying to find a figure then I saw a miniature one. I ran towards it without getting set on fire, surprisingly I made it.

"Hey kid, its going to be okay," I say as I grabbed his hand and ran, He let go and I looked at him shocked. 

"Wheres my sister? You have to get her first," I rolled my eyes and tugged on him to follow me. I felt his grip let go and I freak out. I saw Alex pick him up and he intertwined our hands together and ran out of the building alive. 

"Allie! You're alive," As the little boy grab ahold of his sister, she tense up. 

"Yeah my guardian angel saved me," she lightly smiled. The little boy looked at me. 

"Thank you," was all he said as he held his sisters hand and walked towards the police man. I glanced at the police man and I have to say this but his face looked so hilarious! He was opening and closing his mouth like a fish and his eyes were bulging. I just laughed and looked up at Alex.

"What am I chopped liver!?!" he asked probably meaning to the kids not thanking him either. I patted his shoulder.

"You'll get it next time," I laughed and he gave me a death stare. "Kidding Havok, kidding." we looked over at professor X. 

"Good job Angel, I'm very proud of you. You saved those children even if you have a slight injury," He glanced at my wing. 

"I've couldn't done it with out Alex," I glanced at Alex and he seemed shocked I said that.

"We'll take care of that. But for now get into the helicopter, I don't want you flying," professor X said. I closed my wings slowly so I didn't feel as much pain. We all climbed into the helicopter and we rode safely home.

When we made it back to the M.R.D. base The Agents directed us to the elevator. I walked down the hall to my room. I felt slightly tired cause of the fumes of the ash. The moment when I laied on my bed I fell asleep.  But when I woke up it was so strange. I was on this metal table chained down so I can barely move. I look side to side to see what was going on. There was a vat of water beneath me.

" Professor," I whispered as the world lapsed into darkness.

I woke up a little while later with some people in white coats leaning over me. I tried to get out of the chains. One of the scientists yelled as I brought out my wings. 

" let me go," I screamed. The scientist shouted something unintelligible as a big crash sounded to my right. I turned my head and saw Alex and the Professor. I gasped as the table started moving down toward the water. 

" No," I heard Alex yell as I was plunged into the water. I tried to hold my breath as sering pain ran through my wings. I let go of the air as the pain reached my back. I sucked in water and the world started to darken. My lungs burned as water filled them. I turned my head to see Alex running towards me as the world turned black.

~_~_~_~_~

 A/N

ohh my second cliff hanger in one day, XD. well guys Animegirl32 here, I really hope you like my book. Please click/tap that vote button. and comment on weather or not you liked the book.