Chapter Nineteen: Calm Down

Brian knew Johnny was never the brightest of the five of them, and even though whatever was going on between Johnny and Lyric was technically none of his business, he’d always imagined was smart enough not to blab his mouth to Zacky about something like that. But of course, Johnny seemed to be incapable of keeping his fat mouth shut. And Zacky, not being much better at it, always had to make things worse.

            So Brian, not wanting Zack to make a move he’d regret, got out of his car and slowly made his way to Lyric’s front porch where Zack was shouting at a fearful Lyric.

            “What the fucking hell?! When you came to my house and we settled things out, I thought I told you it was okay to get involved with Syn if that’s what you really wanted, but the rule was to stay away from Matt and Johnny! Do you not fucking listen when I speak to you?!” Zack slurred, obviously more than a bit intoxicated.

            Lyric scooted closer to her front door, attempting to put more space in between her and her brother. “I told you! It was an accident! You think I wanted a one night stand with him?! Goddammit, Zackary Baker, I thought you knew me better than that!” She sobbed, wiping the tears from her eyes.

            “You whore! You’re out to bed the whole band! Starting with Johnny cause he’s the easiest! Next will be Brian! He fucking loves you, but you’re just gonna fuck him then break his heart. Then you’ll run to Jimmy, acting to be hurt and he’ll comfort you and then you’ll get what you want from him. Last but not least, you’ll manage to have sex with Matt and break him and Val up, but I won’t have it!” He yelled, coming up with this crazy ass plan that make practically no sense to anyone but him.

            “How much did you have to drink before you came here? You’re not even making sense, dammit!”

            “Just shut the fuck up! I knew letting you back into my life was a mistake. I tried telling the boys that going to your house that Sunday would end up being the worse mistake I’ve ever made… and it turns out I was right!” He yelled before reaching out to slap Lyric.

            Brian, who had been watching the whole thing at a safe distance, knew that if Zack wasn’t under the influence of alcohol, he would never hit a woman, so not wanting him to hit Lyric, he lunged at Zack, knocking him off his feet.

            Zacky took this opportunity to spit in Brian’s face. “What the fuck was that for, asshole?”

            “Jesus. Calm the fuck down, bro!” Brian said, pinning down Zack securely before getting out his phone.

            Dialing the familiar numbers, he waited only one short ring before someone answered.

            “Hey Syn, what’s up?” A loud voice boomed through the speaker.

            “Jimmy, you busy?” Brian asked, struggling to keep Zack pinned to the ground.

            “No, why? Whatcha need?”

            “Just come to Lyric’s house, I’ll explain when you get here,” he told Jimmy before hanging up and quickly texting him the address.

            After Brian got Lyric safely into her house and seated on the couch, he stood outside and waited for Jimmy to arrive, which didn’t take long.

            “Hey man. What’s up?” Jimmy asked, a worried look appearing on his face once he saw Brian holding onto Zack tightly.

            “Do me a favor? Just stay here with Lyric while I drive Zack home and teach him a little lesson. I should be back a little later. You mind?” Syn asked, trying to shove Zack into the passenger seat of Zack’s car.

            “You know I’d do anything for any of you, but may I ask why?” Jimmy asked, adjusting his glasses.

            “It’s a long story, and I don’t even know the half of it. But what I do know, is that I drove her home and Zack was here waiting for her. He terrified her, screaming and yelling something about being with Johnny, then tricking the whole band to sleep with her, then leaving… Then he tried to hit her, at which time I tackled him. I just need you to stay with her to make sure she’s okay while I go talk some sense into Zack and see what the hell really happened.” Brian said, running a hand through his hair. “Oh, and sorry for interrupting whatever it was that you were doing before,” he added.

            “Not a problem, I was just lounging on the couch, watching TV. Hence the sweatpants and glasses,” he said.

            “Thanks man,” Brian said before driving off soon after.

            Jimmy took a hesitant step into Lyric’s house, not wanting to scare her. “Hey, Baby Vee?” He called out, not quite knowing where she was.

            “J-Jimmy?” She questioned in between sobs, not moving from her spot on the couch.

            “Yeah,” he answered, following the sound of her voice and eventually finding his way to the living room. “Hey there. How you holding up?” He asked, sitting down next to her, keeping his distance, but close enough for her to feel the body heat he was producing.

            She just shook her head, unable to really speak at the moment. She never thought she’d see the day when Zack would try to hit her. Not to mention how much fear he had put into her even before he had tried to slap her.

            Leaning her head on his shoulder, she started crying again. Jimmy wrapped his long arms tightly around her. “It’s okay,” he said, trying to soothe her.

            “H-he tried to h-h-hit me!” she sobbed, her body shaking violently in Jimmy’s arms. Jimmy just continued to rub her back, not knowing what he could say that would make her feel better.

            After Lyric had clamed down a little bit, and was able to form coherent sentences, she told Jimmy everything that happened, starting with sleeping with Johnny and ending with Zacky trying to hit her.

            And when Jimmy didn’t say a word about her having drunken sex with Johnny, Lyric silently cheered inside her head. She was so afraid everyone was going to judge her for it, like Zack had.

            Almost two hours later, Brian finally returned to Lyric’s house. At the time, her and Jimmy had been watching Con Air, one of Lyric’s favorite movies.

            “Hey, how’s everything going?” Brian asked, walking into the living room to see Lyric comfortably lying with Jimmy on the couch.

            “Better now that you’re here,” Lyric yawned, getting up and hugging him.

            “What am I, chopped liver?” Jimmy asked, pretending to be hurt.

            “Oh c’mere, Jimbo! You know I love you!” she said, pulling him in for a group hug.

            “Jimmy, that’s my ass you’re grabbing,” Brian said, causing Lyric to let out a small chuckle.

            “Oh I know,” Jimmy said, faking a seductive voice which sent Lyric into a giggle fit, doubling over on the floor.

If you didn't get the message I send to all my fans, if you're interested in being either Johnny or Zacky's girlfriend, please PM me with your character's information!