Chapter Four: It's Not What It Looks Like

So I was going to post this yesterday, but the hotel I was staying at had no internet connection! but uploading today is better ... because *drum roll please* IT'S SYNYSTER GATES'S BIRTHDAY!!! Happy Birthday Brian Haner Jr! :D

Oh, and btw: thanks for the votes and comments! it keeps me motivated to keep writing  (:

            Zacky polished off his third beer since Syn had taken Lyric up to get dry clothes. “What the fuck is taking them so long?” he questioned propping his feet up on the patio table.

            The Rev chuckled and grinned widely. “Maybe Brian’s finally getting laid,” he said as a joke, but that was all Zack needed to hear.

            Zack jumped up out of his chair so fast that he stumbled and almost fell. ”That little fucker better not have his hands on her!” He yelled, he ran into the house and bolted up the stairs to Brian’s room before anyone could protest.

            “Damn, it was just a joke,” The Rev said laughing.

            The last thing I need is to have Synyster… Not even in his head could Zack come to terms with what might possibly be going on in Syn’s room. Sure, he would rather Lyric be with one of the guys in the band, but in all honesty, he didn’t want her with anyone. No one is allowed to steal her from me, he thought, climbing up the stairs. He would have been taking them two at a time if he weren’t so drunk. No one is good enough for Lyric.

            Bursting through the closed door, Zack saw what he feared most. Lyric was lying on Synyster’s bed with him on top of her. Syn’s shirt had been left at the foot of the bed while her shirt (or rather Brian’s shirt that she was wearing) had been tossed half way across the room. Zacky watched as Lyric’s nails dug into his back, leaving marks while they were making out.

            “What the fuck, Gates!” Zacky screamed at Brian as Lyric pushed Brian off of her.

            “Zacky, it’s not…” He started, but was cut off by Zack’s angry hollering.

            “Not what? Not what it looks like?! Like I haven’t heard that one before!” He yelled, pulling his fists into balls and if looks could kill, Brian would most likely be dead by now. “You were making moves on my sister! My fucking sister!”

            “Zack, please!” Lyric pleaded. “It wasn’t his fault. I’m the one who let him keep going. Please don’t take this out on him! He’s your best friend, don’t let my actions ruin that,” she said, walking over to get Syn’s shirt that she was wearing to put back on.

            Zacky just stood there for a moment, staring at the both of them. He wasn’t really sure what to say now. He had a thousand things running through his mind that he wish he could say, but maybe Lyric was right. Brian is the closest thing Zack had to a brother. But that’s no excuse for him to be working his way into her pants!

            “Out of every one of the guys, the last person I expected to do this stuff was you, Brian.” Zacky said, using Synyster’s real name for the first in ages, which shocked both Syn and Zack.

            For once Brian had nothing left to say, he just sat there on his bed, his head hug in shame. He looked up at Zacky with apologetic eyes while Lyric stood in the corner where she had picked her shirt up off the ground and slipped it back on.

            “Lyric is my baby sister! When I left her years ago, that may have been the biggest mistake of my life, and I regret leaving, but then I think of you guys and the band and I’m not sure what to think. Now that I finally have all of you in my life, I won’t give anyone up. No one will ever be good enough for Lyric to date,” Zack confessed, almost in tears.