Chapter Thirty: The Fight

As Matt walked into the kitchen, Lyric was about to walk outside while the three boys stayed inside to talk, but Brian stopped her. “Hey, can you send Jimmy in here?”

            “And Johnny, too?” Lyric asked, her hand resting on the doorknob, getting ready to walk out to the deck.

            “Nah, he’s too young to hear my vulgar language,” Brian chuckled. Lyric just shook her head and opened the door to the bright, sunny outdoors.

            She was instantly greeted with the giggles of all the other girls.

            “So… you and Brian in the kitchen, huh?” Rory smirked, as Jimmy groaned. “Uhg! Not the images again!”

            “Oh shut up, you know Brian has a cute ass!” Lyric joked. “Oh yeah, before I forget… Jimmy, you’re wanted in the kitchen. I think the other guys are in there having an orgy,” Lyric informed him.

            “Yes!” Jimmy yelled as he quickly ran into the house, his loud voice could still faintly be heard even after shut the door.

            Lyric expected to hear Johnny yell “what about me?” but him and Tati were too busy spending some time together in the pool to even notice that he was the only guy still left outside.

            “So, you still haven’t spilled to us what happened in the kitchen!” Val said, nudging Lyric on the arm and winking.

            “Well, how much did Jimmy already tell you?” she questioned, knowing Jimmy wouldn’t have been able to keep his big mouth shut.

            “All he said was that he wouldn’t be surprised if you and Bri are the first of us to have kids,” Rory said.

            Val then noticed that Lyric was looking a little uneasy. “What’s wrong?” She asked, concerned.

            “I just…  I don’t really want to have kids…” Lyric trailed off as the girls looked at her like she was crazy.

            “Not ever?” a voice asked, a pair of tattooed arms wrapping around her waist. Lyric turned her head to see Brian resting his chin on her shoulders, looking at her quizzically, and the other guys had now come out of the kitchen as well.

            “Can we have this discussion later?” She asked, turning around so they were face to face.

            “Why can’t we have it now?” He frowned.

            “Because all of our friends are here and I don’t want to talk about it right now!” She argued.

            “Fine,” Brian spat. Lyric’s facial expression dropped to a frown as she watched her boyfriend storm off into the house.

            Sighing, she shook her head and walked over to the gate that surrounded the backyard, letting herself out. Shortly after a couple of curse words were shouted and her car door slammed shut, the others saw her car disappear down the street.

            “Where the fuck is she going?” Zack asked, starting to go after her. Tatiana went up to him, her and Johnny finally realizing what was going on once they heard yelling, and gently placed her hand on his shoulder. “Just let her go. She’ll be back once she blows off some steam. You’re only going to make it worse. Why don’t you go see if Brian’s okay? I’ll wait out front for her to come back.”

            “Thanks, Tati,” Zack mumbled as he slowly made his way into the house to find Brian.

            The clock on Brian’s nightstand read 8:47 PM. Lyric had been gone for 3 hours and 17 minutes and he had begun to worry about her since the second he found out she had taken her car and left. He hadn’t meant to get her so upset; he just didn’t see the big deal about discussing their opinions on having kids in front of their closest friends.

            Brian sat straight up in bed when he heard the front door open, but groaned and threw his head back onto the pillows when Tati called out that it was just here coming in to get a drink.

            At the moment, Brian was very thankful for her and Johnny, who had offered to stay until Lyric got back home. He knew they had spend the better half of their evening sitting on the bench swing that hung out on this porch.

            Without them here, he probably would have destroyed half of the house from frustration.

            Brian stepped out of the shower and wrapped a towel loosely around his waist before checking his phone. He let out a loud string of profanities and slammed his fists down on the bathroom counter when he saw that Lyric still hadn’t contacted him or come home yet.

            Sighing, he threw on a pair of boxers, grabbed his pone, and went downstairs, planning to get a drink and watch TV until his girlfriend showed up. Although he wasn’t even sure if he could consider her his girlfriend anymore. He didn’t know how she felt about their relationship.

            He was mad when he found only one Guinness and half a bottle of Jack Daniel’s left. He, Zack, and Johnny must have drunken all the rest of it the day prior. Grabbing the JD, he sat on the couch and turned the TV on. As if on cue, Johnny walked out from the spare bedroom, that was located on the first floor.      “Hey man, how ya doing?” he asked Brian.

            “Better now that I’ve got a drink,” Bri replied, raising the bottle to show JC before bringing it to his lips and taking a big swig.

            “Hey there, buddy! Save some for me, will ya?” Tati exclaimed, also emerging from the spare room.

            Lyric yawned as she stretched her limbs. Sighing, she slowing got out of bed and trudged down the stairs.

            “Good morning, Sunshine,” Zacky greeted her. She sleepily moaned as she plopped herself onto his couch next to him. Zee chuckled at her before turning back to his notebook.

            “Writing new songs already?” she asked.

            “Yeah, Matt wants us to get back into the swing of writing again. He’s excited to get back to the recording studio. And this one riff has been stuck in my head for the past few days now. That’s usually a good sign,” he chuckled, taking a moment to furiously scribble down a few more notes.

            “I can’t wait to start hearing new songs!” Lyric’s eyes brightened up since her fight with Brian.

            “”Yeah… We have a really good feeling about this album,” Zack told her.