Chapter One: Chocolate Pop

So this is my first A7X fanfic and if anything is wrong, please tell me. Sorry in advance for any mistakes. I hope it isn't too bad.

*All A7X characters do NOT belong to me *

            It was early morning when she faintly heard the doorbell ring. She didn’t feel like getting up, but whoever was outside wouldn’t quit ringing the bell. So she slowly got out of bed and went downstairs. As she padded through her foyer, the cold wooden floors nipped at her bare feet.

            Unlocking and opening the door, she gave whoever was at her door an evil glare. That was until she got a good look at whom it was.

            At first, she thought her eyes were playing tricks on her. She couldn’t believe he had found her. But of course, if she was able to keep tabs on him through the internet and media all these years, why wouldn’t he be able to keep tabs on her as well? After all, it’s not easy going unnoticed by the media when you’re a popular children’s book author, she thought.

            Writing children’s books wasn’t her first career choice, but it seemed promising, and she always had enjoyed writing as she was growing up. She ended up being successful at it, something she never thought was possible, but then again, lately, she’s been finding out that anything is possible.

            “Lyric?” The man on the other side of the door asked, although he wasn’t sure what he was seeing was real either.

            When he said her name, she thought it sounded almost foreign, because after she got the news that her book would be published, she started going by her middle name, Evelynn, because she thought that perhaps her first name was too odd. So to the world, she was known as Evelynn Baker, and not Lyric Baker, like her birth certificate reads.

            “Zachary?” Lyric questioned, still unsure if this was really happening. Maybe I’m dreaming, she pondered, and pinched herself on the arm to see if she would wake up.  To her surprise, nothing happened.

            Now they each stood, staring at each other, studying what the other was wearing. Lyric, who hadn’t bothered to put more clothes on before answering the door, was only wearing a t-shirt and underwear, whereas Zachary was wearing black jeans with holes at the knees, a grey t-shirt, and black, fingerless gloves. Lyric’s main focus though, was Zachary’s arms that were covered in tattoos, and his newly acquired septum and snakebite piercings. But Zachary didn’t let Lyric’s tattoo go unnoticed. It was on the inside of her wrist, and he saw it when she tucked a piece of her long, auburn hair behind her pierced ear.

            Lyric followed his gaze and quickly put her hands behind her back. She didn’t want Zachary to see what her tattoo was of, and she hoped he hadn’t gotten too much of a glance at it.

            “Let’s just cut to the chase, Zachary. Why are you here?” Lyric asked, rocking back and forth on her heals. Zack remembered when she was nervous and would do that as a little kid.

            “Because it’s been too long since the last time we’ve seen each other. And I was in the area and figured I’d check up on you,” Zachary responded, trying to keep his voice even and his emotions in check. Lyric could see him clenching his jaw, which he only did when he was upset.

            “Well, here I am. And I’m fine. You can leave now,” she snapped, and considered closing the door on his face, but she just couldn’t bring herself to do it.

            “Is that what you want? You really hate me so much that all you have to say to me after two years is ‘I’m fine. You can leave now?’” Zack yelled, which was out of sorts for him, but in his opinion, Lyric never seemed to give two cents about Zack, and that really bothered him.