There went my Elation

I walked through the snow and towards the owlery. I know noone is here because dinner just started, and not all classes have let out yet. I've been writing Macy lately, telling her things about my troubles. In turn, she writes me of hers. Like her boyfriend cheated on her with our cousin. It's pretty depressing for her, even though I hate her boyfriend and am throwing a mini celebration as I'm sending her my response: Date his best friend.

Yup. I only had to write four words, but I feel that I got my message across. I think it's good advice. Since Matthew asked me to be his valentine, we've been hanging out. He walks me to my classes and such, and sometimes sits by me during meals. I returned to the Great Hall, and sat by Ginny.

"Valentine's day is in two days, and Harry is taking Cho! Cho Chang! Ugh," Ginny said, glaring into her goblet.

"I'm going with Victor," Tara smirked. What a snot.

Ginny glared.

"Well I know I can count on you, right Katie?" Ginny asked.

I knew what she was asking; whether or not I'd do Valentine's day with her, and make fun of all the other couples out together. Somehow I knew I'd end up making fun of Cho and Harry in that horrid pink tea shop.

"Uh, yeah." I said, realizing that I can't go now. I'll fake sick, or something.

"Good," she smiled.

•••••••

"Katie!" I heard someone call. I spun around and saw that Matthew was running to catch up with me.

He looked dazed when he spoke to me."Um, listen. For Valentine's Day-"

"About that! I have to spend time with One of my friends. Sorry," I didn't say who. I just didn't want to make things more official.

"Really? How funny. You see, I have other plans too. I had already promised to go somewhere- with a friend." he smiled really big, making me feel better about not going with him.

"Yeah, see you." I said, before turning and going to the common room.

I walked to the common room, and went to the portrait of the fat lady, and said,"Aquarius fendulum,"

"Sorry, but that's not the password," she said, sipping some wine.

"But I don't know it!"

"Then wait for more students to come by." she said lazily.

"That could be ages!" I yelled at her.

"Sorry, I guess you'll just have to wait," she said, not looking sorry at all.

And so I sat and waited. And waited. And waited. Nearly an hour went by before someone started climbing the stairs.

"Hello?" I called out.

"Katie?"

"Yeah?"

One of the twins stood in front of me, (George, I think. His eyes were slightly larger than Fred's, and a deeper green) looking me over skeptically.

"What are you doing?" he asked, putting his hand out to help me up, which I took.

"Thanks. And I forgot the password." I dusted my self off and looked at him.

"Kalyte Magnesium," he said. Before holding the portrait door open for me.

"Thank you," I said again.

"No problem," he said.

I sat down near the fire and he sat down near me. I could feel my pulse quicken, and I turned my face, thankful that I didn't blush easily. (Note to self: thank Momma and Daddy for both being Greek). I looked over at him and saw that he was filling out some sort of forms. Probably for his joke shop. I suddenly had an image of him with glasses, a silk robe, and a pipe.

That made me smile involuntarily, and so I looked into the fire and played with my bracelets. I didn't move because if I left, I didn't want someone else stealing this spot by him.

"Katie," he said. (I love the way he says my name)

"Yeah?" I tried my best to sound mature, but I think that's impossible.

"Have a Toffee," he threw one at me.

It hit my face and fell down my shirt, and fell into my lap. I glared at him, then I looked at the toffee skeptically.

"What will it do?" I asked, picking it up.

"It's just a candy. No tricks." he said, looking at me over the papers.

"You eat half of it first."

"You think I'm lying,"

"I know you're lying," I said, throwing the toffee into his outstretched hand. He opened it and split it In half. Holding out which piece I should take.

I took the smaller one, because who wants to look fat in front of their crush?

"Ok, now eat it." I ordered, watching the candy as it went from his hand and into his mouth.

I put the candy in my mouth to, watching him, and seeing if he would swallow it. 2 minutes must of passed with us just staring at each other. He was smirking, and I was glaring. Then all of a sudden, he spits it out, and starts laughing so hard that tears were forming in his eyes. I spit mine out into the fire.

"I knew there was something wrong with them!" I said, hopping up and pointing at him.

"No-Katie- nothing is wrong with them. You just can't except my simple acts of kindness. Why?" he asked, sitting up and straightening his papers.

There was a long pause.

"Goodnight Katie," he said, getting up and hesitantly leaning forward, before he placed a kiss on my jawbone.

Now, this was not like some romantic moment,(Though I wish it was) it was an awkward gesture that resembled something like what Braden would have done. I went upstairs to my room and showered before retiring to bed.