An idea of Macy

"Hey Katie," Matthew said, as I sat by him in divination.

"What's up?" I asked, smiling because I was so close to him.

"Nothing much. You wouldn't happen to know who Cassidy is, do you?" he asked.

"No, not a clue. Why?" I said, feeling a little upset.

"Oh, it's nothing." he said, turning his head to the Trelawney.

I leaned back, and started daydreaming. If Matthew and I ever got together, would he be ashamed of me? I've never had a boyfriend; and I most definitely haven't ever been kissed. I've always wanted an older guy. Like Oliver Wood. But he was so quidditch obsessed. And I certainly wouldnt mind Fred or George. But they've always thought of me as their little sister. Or just 'That kid.' No, not 'That girl,' it was 'That Kid'. I could probably get some hufflepuff to pretend to date me. But I'd have to bribe him, and I only have 3 Galleons until my daddy can send more.

I looked into my tea leaves and tried to distinguish the glob, but it wasn't working.

"Ooh, Katie! You're going to have a good thing happen soon." I heard Laineys voice in my ear.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"I was guessing." she said, flipping her wavy black hair behind her shoulder. I stared back down into the tealeaves.

"Looks like a blob to me." I muttered darkly, as I tried to stick my finger in it and make it look like a sun, which could bring me light to my troubles.

"What do you think you're doing?" professor Trelawney said from behind me.

"I'm writing my own destiny!" I said off the top of my head, and I could hear Lainey snicker. She eyed me suspiciously before walking off.

"Bah, I hate this. I just want some shirtless man to come up and hug me." Ginny said.

"But what if he's pudgy?" Lainey asked.

"Ew!" I said, tasting the tea from laineys pot.

"Yeah, but what if he's not?" Ginny argued, as I stood up, noticing half the class was leaving.

"Guys!"

"Coming!" Lainey chimed, earning a weird look from Ginny.

"Where to now?" I asked.

"You know where." Ginny said, after Lainey had walked off.

Sadly, I knew exactly where to. Lainey went to the hufflepuff common room, meaning Ginny and I could go to the DA meeting.

"Fine," I grumbled.

Ginny and I spent an HOUR learning how to cast a disarming charm. And I hated every minute of it. Especially when Fred and George teased us for not learning as quickly.

"It's just a flick of your wrist," George said, coming behind me and placing his arm on my shoulder. He placed his other hand over mine and moved my hand in a flicking motion.

"See? It's not that hard, love."

He called me love, though. It made me feel good, because I'd nevr really gotten attention from any guys. Much less older guys. Tara and Ginny got all the attention. And for that reason, (though I'll never admit it) I somewhat resented Tara and Ginny. They were really popular, and pretty too.

I lay awake that night, thinking of how I should be nicer. It's not that I don't have friends, it's that I don't have a lot of friends. The next morning I woke up and went to breakfast with Jace, and I got a letter from Macy.

"What's that?" Jace asked, because I never got mail. Ever.

"I don't know." I said, seeing Macy's lovely handwriting in dark purple ink.

I recognized it immediately, and got up to go read it. I went to the owlery and opened it.

Katie,

I was thinking of love and friendship the other day, and thought of you. I don't know why exactly, because I haven't seen you since Winter holidays. I guess I feel guilty, because we never talk anymore. I made a necklace for you, and I have one identical to it. One of the only pictures that you, me, and Andrew were all in. It's when we were six, is on it.

I love you,

Macy

I dug in the envelope and found the necklace. It was plastic and had a picture of all of us on the dirt road that leads to the house. I nearly cried, because I actually miss my sister. And I most definitely miss Andrew. I guess I want to make things write with Macy too. She always has Morris, who is only 4. Our family is complicated. I haven't spoken to my older brother in 3 years. He's some big shot quidditch seeker now. He plays for our home country, Greece, even though my family lives in America.

I tied the necklace around my neck and left to go back to sleep.