Was that Better?

"Good luck, Ginny!" I called to her, before parting to go to the stands so I could watch the Hufflepuff/Gryffindor game with Lainey.

We climbed the stands and leaned against the railing. (Yes, I convinced Lainey to sit in the Gryffindor stands.)

It was a gruesome game. Ron let 16 quaffles get into his posts, and Ginny barely got the snitch in time. I think they won by 10 or 20 points. I didn't even enjoy Lee's commentary. I really only went to have something to talk to George about. Talking to him today wasn't at all hard to do. He was sitting in an armchair by the window in the common room. I went to sit across from him.

"Hey," I smiled at George.

"You watched the game?" He asked.

"Yes..." I said."At least Ginny is good,"

"I don't know how; we never let her play with us,"

I'm not going to be the one to tell him that she's been stealing their brooms when they weren't looking to play since she was six.

"...and Ron, well, I didn't have the heart to take the Mickey out of him. He's upset as it is."

We looked over at Ron, slumped over in the corner, with a butterbeer in his lap.

"Harry told Ginny he was good..." I said, watching him from the corner of my eye. George snorted.

"When no one's watching him, yeah."

"Maybe he can get over it." I said, looking at George again.

He nodded, and moved to sit by me.

"You still owe me 2 hours," he grinned.

"What are we going to do," I frowned.

"I'll think of something. I'll tell you after lunch," he said, standing up and going to meet Fred.

I got up and went to find Ginny. She was in the showers, so I sat on the bed and waited for her.

•••••••

"Oh, it was awful, Katie!" she said, later on, as we walked from outside and into the Great Hall.

(And yes, I did have my infamous Alabama hat on, only this time, I had a Purple coat on :] )

"Well, just don't harp on it. You can try better next time," I told her.

"You're right. You talked to George today?"

I sighed. This seemed to be a popular subject lately. It was annoying.

"Yeah. How can you tell?" I asked.

"Don't look now, but him, Lee, and Fred are looking."

"And?" I asked.

"Well he was talking as they looked at you, so it's not hard to put one and one together."

"Oh," I felt stupid.

"Don't worry, Katie! Soon you'll start to understand them better."

"Yeah..." I said, as we sat down.

We talked easily with Hayden Barlow, a (very) handsome Gryffindor in our year. We were sitting near the doors, as we usually do.

"...yeah, I'm not cut out for divination. I can't wait to drop it." he said.

I snorted into my tea.

"You'd drop the easiest class?" I asked. "No offense..."

I paused because George had walked by and I was distracted. Ginny stomped on my foot.

"Ow!" I yelped. 2 redheads and a guy with dreads turned my way before continuing down the table. I glared at Ginny, before turning back to Hayden.

"Just foretell lies randomly in class, and you'll get passing marks." I finished bitterly.

"Right... Any advice on potions?" he asked warily.

"Make the rainbow!" Ginny shouted.

I don't know why we're friends either. And Hayden may be attractive, but he's got the brain of a squirrel.

I glanced down the table and caught George's eye. He got up, and so I got up too. I met him outside the Great hall.

"You and Ginny are friends with Hayden?" he said his name like it was a disease. I laughed.

"Yeah, sort of. Are you jealous?" I asked, grinning.

He chewed on his tongue before replying: "Yes. Ginny has enough boys interested in her, and you, of course, have me."

My mouth dropped.

"We were only talking to him. He's got the brain of a squirrel!" I said, walking with him out into the bitter wind. The snow had long melted, and now the skies were gray.

"So what are we going to do?" I asked, taking his hand in mine.

(See, Ginny, I CAN take initiative.)

"Just going down to a courtyard; you know, the one closest to the path into Hogsmeade?" he asked.

"Oh- yeah."

Once we were all the way down there, we sat on a cold, uncomfortable, stone bench.

"So when we-ah- kissed, it was really bad?" he asked, causing me to laugh.

"No, I just expected something else."

"Like what?"

"Like how Tara or Ginny's boyfriends kiss them."

"Ginny snogs Corner?" he asked hotly.

"You're just like Ron!" I said.

"No, I know how to play quidditch."

I smiled at this.

"We could date, though, couldn't we?" he asked.

"Yeah," I said,"Then you wouldn't have to ask before you kiss me."

"Well Ginny said you liked gentlemen!"

I laughed.

"Oh, yeah...the kind that are respectful. Like, respectful of the woman; as in pulling out chairs, being polite, and that sort of thing."

"So you wouldn't be upset if I didn't ask. Got it." he muttered.

I snorted, and looked up at him.

Then, he snogged me. (Hopefully the first snog of many :P) Of course, this was better than the one before. His hands were on mine, and his lips were happy. Yeah, happy, you know? Like, happy as in good. He scooted closer, about a minute later, and held me closer to him. And so I figured, if he is to tempt my curiousities, that I might as well feel his beater chest. And so I did. And it was strong.

"Was that better?" he asked, after he had pulled away.

"Yeah," I said, as he leaned down to kiss me again.

•••••••

"Katie!" Ginny yelled, as I climbed the stairs to the dormitory,"Where were you?"

"Shh!" I said, pulling her into our room.

"I've been worried sick about you for the past two hours!"

"I was with George. We snogged."

What's the point in trying to beat around the bush anyways?

(A/N) Ok, so they kissed. I uploaded twice today! Let me know if I'm moving too fast, and please just comment and let me know what I need to fix. And thank you for still reading! I'm going to start dedicating chapters to people...I think.