Chapter 4

Tony walked with Percy, the kid clinging to his hand like a lifeline. He idly wondered when the six year old became so attached to him. "I think it's time for you to go home," Tony said, feeling sad when the boy tightened his grip on his hand.

   Percy gave him large pleading eyes, silently asking Tony not to leave. He didn't want to go back to Smelly Gabe. He was mean. He- He... He killed his mommy.

   "How about this," Tony dug in his wallet and produced a small paper. "I know you don't talk but here's my number in case you need anything." He chuckled when Percy launched himself in his arms. Ruffling his hair, Tony said to the small boy, "I'll see again, Kiddo."

   Percy nodded, the paper kept safely in his small hands. Mr. Tony is so nice.

xxxxxxxxxxx

   "Where were yew, brat?" Gabe demanded when Percy opened the door.

   Percy shook fearfully in his spot. It was seven o'clock and Gabe was drunk again. "I-I was... you told me to get out," His voice shook with fear.

   "Don't blame me!" Gabe shouted, smacking the child. "You're lucky you're even livin' under this roof!" He smacked Percy, "I should just get rid of you!"

   Percy's eyes widened and tears streamed down his face. Get rid of him? Like how he got rid of his mommy? The sound of his mother's scream filled his ears along with Gabe's cruel laughter before the sound of metal hitting flesh took their place.

   Percy gasped when his side was kicked, sending him crashing into a wall. Gabe towered over him, scowling down with anger, "Listen when I'm talking to yew!"

   Percy cried out when Gabe punched his face, the feeling of warm blood trickling over his lips. Mr. Tony... Help me...

   Gabe lifted the boy up by his shirt, smacking him once more before dropping him, "Worthless brat. Yewr not even worth my time." He left the injured boy there, not feeling any guilt at the sight of his blood on the ground.

   Mr. Tony... Percy crawled over towards the home phone, lifting himself and barely grabbing the home phone. Mr. Tony... Percy continued to cry to himself as he punched in the numbers carefully.

   "Hello?" Came Tony's voice over the phone.

   "Mr. Tony..." Percy hiccupped a sob. "Help me..."

xxxxxxxxx

   Tony was sitting in a meeting room with a bunch of old guys talking about something he could care less about. All he knew was that they were trying to get money and weapons from him -things he wasn't going to give them.

   After thirty minutes of listening to them badger on, the billionaire's phone rang. Ignoring the frowns from the men, he answered, "Hello?"

 "Mr. Tony..." He heard the pitiful voice and immediately knew who it was, "Help me..."

   "Percy? What happened? Where are you?" He gathered his things, not even bothering to put on his coat as he ran out, listening to the boy stutter out his address. "Alright, I'm on my way."

xxxxxxxxxx

   "What are yew doing?"

   Percy gasped in fear and turned his head to see Gabe towering over him, "I- I was-"

   "Who were yew callin'?!" Gabe demanded, lifting the boy up by his collar of his shirt. "Huh?! Answer me!" He threw the boy down and growled, "I should kill yew like I did to yewr tramp of a mom. All yew ever done is cause me trouble."

   Percy was nearly hyperventilating with fear, watching as Gabe reached for a knife on the kitchen counter. No no no no no no no no no!  

   He closed his eyes tightly and, just when it looked like he was about to be stabbed, he heard Gabe grunt and the knife hit the floor.

   "Stay away from him!" Tony snarled at the man, kicking him in the side. He ran towards Percy, gently running a hand through his hair, checking for any head injuries, "Oh, Percy, I'm so sorry for this." He held the boy as he sobbed, "Shh, it's alright. He's not going to hurt you anymore. I'm going to take you away from here, okay?"

   "Please..." Percy whimpered in his chest, "Take me away from here, Mr. Tony."

   Tony scooped the child up, careful with his bruises, and stepped over Gabe. He made a note to remember to arrest the man. He couldn't now, no matter how much he wanted to, because it would cause a large scandal. Walking quickly towards his car, he gently put Percy in the back, buckling him up and placing a jacket over him.

   "Thank you, Mr. Tony..." Percy mumbled, drifting off to sleep.

   Tony gave a small smile, "Of course, Percy."

xxxxxxxxxx

   "Sir, Master Stark requests you in the upstairs infirmary," JARVIS spoke.

   Bruce took off his goggles, shutting down his project, before standing. Why would Tony need him in the infirmary?

   He exited the elevator, making his way to the infirmary. As he opened the door, he immediately took sight of an injured six year old boy clinging onto one worried Tony Stark.

   "What happened?" He demanded gently so he didn't scare the child.

   "Kid was abused," Tony said quietly but there was still anger there. "I was wondering if you could bandage him up. I don't know how to do that stuff."

   "Of course," Bruce nodded, slowly walking towards the two.

   "Okay, Percy," Tony said to the boy. "This is my friend, Bruce. He's going to help you, alright?"

   Bruce? That sounded familiar to Percy. He looked up and made eye contact with the scientist. The man seemed to blur to Percy and he saw two figures; the scientist and a tall green guy that looked awesome in Percy's opinion. Mr. Bruce is Mr. Hulk. Mr. Hulk is Mr. Bruce. Mr. Bruce is a scientist. Mr. Hulk is really strong.

   Bruce was confused when Percy kept staring at him before raising an eye brow when the boy's eyes lit up. He nearly jumped in shock when Percy squealed loudly. He turned to Tony who looked amused, "What's going on?"

   Tony chuckled to himself, not bothering to smother a grin as he said, "I think Percy's fanboying."