Chapter 11

Was it possible to have your mid-life crisis at six years old?

I mean, if he was going to die at eighteen, he could. Tony doesn't find that funny. Natasha doesn't either. Percy could see where that would make them uncomfortable, thinking of a child dying at eighteen. There were enough people dying young, they didn't want to see Percy be one of them.

But back to Percy's 'mid-life crisis'.

This was serious.

Seriously, readers. Stop laughing at him.

So, anyways, Percy was sitting at the dining table, drawing a picture of a boat to keep his mind busy. He was still shaken up by what had happened yesterday, almost losing Mr. Tony and feeling himself lose control of his mind for a second. It was a scary time. Have you ever got so angry or scared that your body starts heating up, your eyes widen, and your heart starts pounding in your chest? You start shaking and your mind is foggy and you feel like you just can't breathe.

That's not his mid-life crisis. I mean, seriously, he's drawing a boat.

His mid-life crisis is that Percy may have accidently lost his blue Play-Doh.

On the ceiling.

The ten foot tall ceiling.

Yeah, so he was acting like nothing happened, hoping that no one noticed it.

"Is that Play-Doh on my ceiling?"

Percy stilled, small smile frozen on his face and eyes wide. He looked like he ate fifteen lemons covered in hot sauce but was trying to act like he was okay. He didn't turn to Mr. Tony, his hand moving on its own, coloring his boat orange.

"Percy?" Tony walked over, pointing at the ceiling as he looked at the six year-old, "Is that your Play-Doh on the ceiling?"

The child finally turned to look at his guardian, glancing up with wide eyes. Finally, he nodded, biting his lip.

"How long has it been up there?"

He held up three fingers with one hand, drawing an 'M' in the air with the other.

"Three minutes? Shoot," He walked out to the living room, looking at the Play-Doh, "Barton! Get down here!"

"What?" The archer slipped out of the vents, landing next to the billionaire, "What do you wa- Is that Play-Doh?"

"Yeah," Tony nodded, a hand on his chin. "Do I lift or you?"

"I will. Would you be able to reach?"

"Mm, yeah, probably," The genius mumbled, still looking at the blue glob on the ceiling.

Percy slowly hopped down from the dining chair, making his way over to the two 'adults'. <- That was always questionable. He looked up at them and tilted his head. 'I'm just going to get Mr. Steve... I have a bad feeling about this...'

Xxxxxxxxxxx

"Um, what's going on?" Steve stood by the doorway with Percy, who was currently clinging to his pants legs and mouthing something that looked suspiciously like 'dad, no'.

Clint was holding up Tony while the genius tried to get a blue substance off the ceiling, "Uh..."

"Is that... Play-Doh?"

"Yes!" Tony cried, "And I need to get it back to its container before it hardens! Lift, Legolas!"

"Riight," Steve nodded slowly before turning to the six year-old. "So, wanna go see what Natasha is doing while these two get the Play-Doh down?"

Percy let out a small squeak and nodded, grabbing the man's hand and dragging him towards the elevator, which opened as they came near.

Tony and Clint looked at each other for a moment, the air seeming to go completely still, before the genius continued to reach up, fingers barely touching the Play-Doh, "Almost there..."

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Turns out, Natasha was practicing Yoga with Bruce. Right now, they were stretching their legs on the ground, nice piano music playing in the background. It was weird, kind of, to see the Black Widow not beating the living crap out of someone and calling it 'training'.

Natasha looked over when they entered and smiled at the six year-old. She watched as he ran up to Bruce, latching on to the scientist's arm and giggling adorably. He reached into his pants pockets, pulling out a paper. He showed it to him, smile wide. It was a drawing of Bruce's name in big green letters, something like blue bubbles as the background.

"Oh, thank you," Bruce smiled, taking the paper.

Percy beamed at him before reaching over and turning the paper. On the other side in big blue letters was the name Hulk. The background this time was green bubbles.

Natasha tilted her head at that, different thoughts running through her head. She found it interesting that he would change up the color. It was like the six year-old was showing Bruce, in his own way, that he and the Hulk weren't so different after all. Of course, that could be her own view on it. However, when she looked over at Percy, the young demigod was studying the scientist with intense green eyes, like he could see something no one else can.

Before the female assassin could say anything, Tony and Clint ran in, holding a case of Play-Doh, "We got it, Perce! We got your Play-Doh!"

The six year-old's eyes lightened up and he squealed, running over and hugging both around their legs. He beamed at them and grabbed the small container, opening it up and poking the blue substance. He smiled in satisfaction, squishing it once more before lidding it. He looked up at Tony, knowing he was the only one to truly understand him and could translate. He mimed swinging a bat or hammer before pretending to curl his hair with his finger.

Tony's eyebrows knitted together in confusion for a second before realization shone in his brown-gold eyes, "Oh, Thor's in Asgard right now. He'll be down here in-" Thunder boomed in the sky, making everyone (except Natasha) jump and Percy cling to the genius' leg, "No, yeah, he's here. Let's go see him, yeah?"

Percy slowly let go of the billionaire and nodded, "Mm!"

Xxxxxxxxxxx

Mm, so... Hunnhhh. I suppose I should say, nnnn, hello? Hello. :)

:DD I don't know what I just wrote right there. But, yeah, hello.

I made this totes awesome story called Try And Stop Me, I Dare You. Yes, I am totally trying to distract you from making your plans on how to kill me.

I bet you're at #52 for 101 Ways to Kill Gabe.

Don't expect a fast update. But, also, don't think I'm going to wait four months to update.

It's obviously three.

Toodle, my noodle!

--Gabe <3