Chapter 17

This chapter is dedicated to Sour_AppleJuice0324. I took your idea in the last chapter into consideration but it takes time to fully complete it. I hope you appreciate what I've done. 

I hope you all enjoy this chapter and I apologize for the long wait. The plot thickens in this chapter and someone makes a guest appearance. Secrets are revealed and there is much more mystery is tied within the Avengers.

I wonder what will come.

Tata!

--Ted :D

Xxxxxxxxxxx

 "He's cursed?"

"Cursed? No... He has a gift."

--

"Percy, get down from there!" Tony shouted as he looked up at the vents.

"I got him," Clint jumped up, chasing after the six year-old, who refused to come down to talk to him.

Ever since Steve and Natasha had exposed SHIELD's secrets, Percy had been acting differently around the two. He would not come near them and, when the two were in the same room, he would fall into a panic attack and start screaming his head off.  Steve was worried, he hadn't done anything to the boy, and Natasha silently accepted that she might not be able to go near him again.

"He'll be okay," James put a hand on the inventor's shoulder. "Percy'll be okay."

"I hope so..." The Stark bit his lip, "If anything happens to him..."

Tony was interrupted from his thoughts when the vent above him opened and Clint's voice came down, "Here, I'm lowering him to you."

"Percy," The inventor held the crying child close. "You scared me, you could've gotten hurt. What's wrong?"

"S-St- Steve k-knows!" The six year-old wailed, startling Clint and Tony, "Nat k-knows and Buc- Jim Jam doesn't b-but he-" Percy was close to hyperventilating now, his little fist clutching the inventor's shirt tightly. "Steve knows and it'll- it'll hurt Daddy! He'll h-hurt Daddy!"

"Daddy?" Tony wiped the tears off the kid's cheeks even as more fell, "He's going to hurt your Daddy? Who?"

Percy hiccuped and patted the arc reactor, looking up at him, "He'll hurt Daddy! He'll hurt Daddy!"

Clint spoke before Tony could, his eyes wide, "I'll go see what they know."

"Shh, buddy," Tony sank to the floor, bringing the kid in his lap as he cried, letting James sit next to them, the ex-assassin holding the child's hand. "Shh, buddy, Daddy'll be okay. I promise, Daddy'll be okay."

-- 

"I don't know anything," Steve said, staring at Clint.

"Well, obviously you do," Bucky spoke up from his spot at the dining table. "Otherwise the kid wouldn't be like this."

"Even if we did know something," Natasha joined the conversation. "How would Percy know about it? He's just a child."

"Yes," Someone's voice filled the room as a chill went through the air. "A child with an extraordinary ability."

Tony was coming up the stairs with Percy in his arms, the six year-old hiding his face in the inventor's shirt, when he heard Thor speak, "Brother, what are you doing here?"

The god of mischief appeared in a soft green light, a smirk plastered on his face, "Hello, Thor." He turned to Percy, "Hello, Perseus."

"You said an extraordinary ability," And now Bruce was in the room, eyeing the god like he was going to attack at any moment. "What do you mean?"

"Young Perseus here has the ability put upon him by the gods," Loki gestured to the boy. "He can see much more than you mortals seem to believe. He knows all- Every little bit that you all try to hide. He knows the truth."

"He's cursed?" Tony held the kid a bit tighter, wiping the tears that had begun to fall silently from the child's eyes.

"Cursed?" Loki laughed, "No... He has a gift. He has a gift granted to him by the gods."

Natasha raised an eyebrow, "Granted by who? By you Asgardians?"

"By Asgardians?" Loki chuckled, waving his hand and making a glass of whiskey appear. He tilted it towards the Avengers, "By your Greeks- The... Gods of Olympus- Oh!" He grinned and set down the glass, staring at Percy, "You know them, don't you, Perseus?"

Percy tensed, "I don't... I don't wanna talk..."

"Mm, I see," The god hummed.

"Brother, do not harm-"

"Oh, hush, you oaf," Loki raised a hand, freezing Thor in place. "I do not plan such things." His grin widened, "I am simply... Interested."

Tony glared at the god, "If you come near my son one more time, I swear to the gods, you will not live to see tomorrow!"

The god of mischief's smile widened, "Oh, how fascinating. You, you I will speak to later. For now?" There was a green light and he disappeared, his own chuckle filling the air.

"Damn that Aesir," The Stark muttered, moving Percy away from the living room and out of sight. "Damn him."

--

"Friend Stark."

"Thor," Tony turned to face the god, a tight smile on his face. He set down the bread he was holding, halting in his actions of making a sandwich. "What do you want?"

"My brother- I will not allow him to come near Perseus, I swear," Thor said firmly.

"Oh?" The Stark stepped closer. For some reason, the inventor was unnerving to the god, "I know you won't." He grinned, "Asgardians keep their words, do they not?"

Thor swallowed, nodding, "Yes. I swear, as prince of Asgard, that I will not let Loki harm Perseus."

Tony smiled and patted the god's chest as he passed, a sandwich on a plate, "Very good. I'll see you tonight for movie night, right?"

"O-Of course, Lord Stark. I shall not miss it," Thor watched as the human left, a look of contemplation on his face.

--

"Daddy," Percy looked up at Tony, his eyes big. "You will be careful, right?"

"Of course, munchkin," The inventor knelt down in front of him and smiled. "Steve can't hurt me, I promise."

"But he knows," The boy said. "He knows and- and he won't tell."

Tony furrowed his eyebrows, "Know what?"

Percy only shook his head, his little body shaking, "He knows and he won't tell. He only thinks of Bucky. He only thinks of Bucky..."

James Barnes held his breath as he leaned against the wall, listening to the two talk. He released it slowly, "He only thinks of Bucky, huh? Stevie... What the hell do you know?"