Chapter 23

A/N: it's my birthday!!!

"Alice?" Jacob asked as he laid next to me in the dark living room.

"Yes Jacob?" I twisted my head to see his russet face.

"Umm ok I know it's the wrong time for this but....I really like your smile," he stated awkwardly. "I mean I really like it I don't want it to change."

I smiled, my teeth barely visible in the low light. "I love yours too Jake," I told him. "You should get some sleep." I pulled the black blanket up to his chin and watched him. "One more thing Jake."

"Ya what is it?" He mumbled sleepily.

"Around you I feel shorter then I actually am," I said.

His laugh was mixed with a snore. "Should I apologize for being tall shorty?"

"Nope."

After that Jacob slowly fell asleep, clutching my hand like I would leave him, talking in his sleep. Jacob hardly got any sleep because he didn't want a werewolf to attack me in his sleep. It seems he was just as overprotective as Jasper was. I smiled slightly, it was good to be able to love two people without the two hating each other like Edward and Jacob.

"Hello," Jasper whispered in my ear. "How are you tonight?"

I laughed quietly. "I though you knew these things honey."

"My apologies ma'am," he said in his southern accent. "So you're doing okay?"

"Yes Jasper," I turned to Jacob. "How are you?"

"I'm fine," I could feel Jasper's eyes on my back. "Well," he shifted slightly. "Do you want to do something?"

"I'm good."

"Are you sure?"

I kissed his cheek and stood up. "Like I said, I'm good."

Sitting on my bed, I flipped through the tv channels. Jacob was still asleep and Jasper was talking to Bella while Edward was hunting. I listened to them for a long time before sighing.

"Next time on the history channel," the deep voice on the screen said.

"Alice has been acting...strange," Bella continued.

"I know," Jasper replied.

I forced myself to pay attention to the show. "When the full moon is out they are too. Turing into huge evil beasts, but the question is, are werewolves real?"

"Yes," I mumbled. "I know one." Nothing could stop what I heard next.

"Do you think Alice is mad at me?" Jasper sounded upset.

"No," Bella's voice was thick.

"Do you think she's mad at herself?"

"Yes," Bella was right. "Maybe she feels horrible for what she did...with Jacob. Even though she apologized there's still a lot wrong with that. First, Jacob Black is a werewolf, Alice Cullen is a vampire. Then as we all know, Jacob imprinted on Renesmee, Alice is your soul mate. Last of all, Alice is my best friend, I have very slight feelings for Jacob, it's just weird you know."

That crushed me. I HAD thought about everyone else, EXCEPT my best friend, AND my niece. Maybe I should leave, but I don't want to put Jasper in the same pain I was in. This is how happiness dies, when you fall in love with your best friend, that's suppose to be your enemy.

I slipped though the shadows into the night, unnoticed. The first thing I smelled across the loud river was dog, Sam was close. I bit my bottom lip and waited. In the darkness he growled.

"I just want to talk Sam," I breathed.

Sam walked in human form from the bushes. "What do you want bloodsucker?"

"Your words do not insult me," I saw him raise an eyebrow. "I know what I am, and what I have done."

"What the hell do you want!?"

"I want to TALK," I matched my tone with his. "Is that OKAY Sam!?"

"Calm down," Sam grumbled.

"NO! I think YOU should calm down!"

"Alice," he said calmly. "I'm sorry I upset you. What do you want?"

"How did you feel....when you had to leave Leah because you...imprinted on Emily?" I whispered, my silent heart breaking in pieces.

A tear slipped absently from the corner of his black eyes. "I felt horrible. I loved Leah, and it was hard, seeing the pain in her eyes, watching me kiss Emily every day instead of her. She knew I wanted to be with Emily, she didn't know I imprinted on her cousin. I felt like I betrayed my best friend, I was ashamed. On the inside I hated myself, but on the outside I smiled and laughed. I always wonder if that fight is worth while, worth the pain, why do you care?"

"I feel the same way about Jacob."

"No. You don't know anything about how I feel!"

"Yes I do!" I cried with all my heart. "I love him but my soul mate is Jasper! I'm fighting a war I can't win!" Sam exploded into a black wolf, his claws out stretched. I shoved him into the river and hissed at him. "Stop this madness Samuel Uley! You don't have to do this."

He shook his big head back and fourth and winced at the red liquid on his snout. I hissed again and climbed slowly back into the dark, cold and lonely night. I needed a break from this confusing, mad world.

A/N vote. VOTE. Vote! VOTE! Please check out my other book the Cullen child Jasper/human alice fan fiction thx ;) <3 and please listen to this song utopia by within temptation!! It's beautiful and perfect for this book!!! Here's the link -> http://youtu.be/lBnqi0U8mtY