Chapter 13

Somewhere a clock is ticking. The small hand reaches twelve, but one day that clock will stop, and another life will end. What if we're all like toys? We start out shiny and new, but over time we rust and get old, and one day the owner has no choice but to throw that toy away.

Jacob tilted my chin so I would look at him. "What's wrong Alice?"

Words couldn't explain how I felt. The family was hunting so me and Jacob had the house to ourselves. The light from the moon reflected off of Jacob's brown eyes. "I don't know," I lied. But the truth was, I was angry, not at Jacob, not at Seth, not at my family, I was just mad at me. "I guess I'm just...tired you know." He nodded. I tried not to meet his eyes again, instead I watched an owl.

"Hoot hoot," it said and turned its head. "Hoot."

Jacob's stomach growled and it was like a wild animal. "I'm gonna grab a bite to eat," he smiled.

"Ok," I whispered. Tick tock, tick tock, and rain poured down from the sky. The clock that hung on the wall said twelve thirty. "Jacob hurry."

"I'm almost done," he answered from downstairs. "Don't worry."

I took a breath and shook my head. Absent minded, I pulled a book from the wooden bookshelf and began reading. Jasper had written this book for us a year after we met. I still thought about it sometimes.

I walked over to Jasper and saw his hand scribbling on a piece of parchment. "What are you doing honey?" He stopped writing to give me a kiss. My fingers combed through his thick, curly, blonde hair. I pulled away. "Nice to see you too, so what are you writing Jasper?"

"A book about us, I'm calling it, A Vampire Love Story," he winked at me. "Read it so far," Jasper tossed me the first paper.

"Major Jasper Whitlock, I wore that name like it was a million dollars, I was glad to have that name," I read to him. "I was tall for my young age, not even old enough to join the army, but I did, and became the youngest major in the Texas army." Then it stopped. "Jasper," I said forcing the paper and pen in his hands. "Write."

He chuckled. "I'll write later," he shrugged and looked into my eyes with those red eyes.

After he wrote it he got it published and only had one copy, of course he wouldn't sell it, after that he gave it to me for our first honey moon living with the Cullen family.

Jake walked in, his breath smelled like human food, or to a vampire that's the nice way of saying it smelled like crap. "Hey."

"Hi, and try not to get that horrible smell of tuna in my nose."

"Sure thing shorty," he laughed and sat on the bed.

"Hey I'm not that short, I'm onl-" he took the book from me and held it above his head. "Hey!"

"Jump shorty, jump," Jacob teased.

"Jacob!" I winced. I jumped using my vampire strength, he moved. "Jake!"

"Nope that's cheating, lets pretend Charlie's watching, now lets try that again." He shook his hand in my face. "Want your book Ally?"

"Yessssss," I dragged out the word. "Give me the book!"

I played his silly game for awhile. He hung the book over my head, and I tried to imagine Charlie there, and jumped for it. After awhile it looked more like a dance. Jacob spun and I twirled, trying to keep up with him. He put the book down and took my hand with his right hand and wrapped his other arm around my waist. Absent minded I laid a hand on his shoulders.

"We have no music," I told him.

"None is needed," Jacob placed my palm on his chest. I felt a soft drum under my pale, long fingertips. He swirled me around.

We danced around the room, Jacob in the lead. The hours passed and Jake and I stood there, rocking back and forth to nothing but the hum of the teenage werewolf's loud and fast heart. It was a beautiful moment, like the room had been torn away and we were at a ball. That black dress clinging to my hips and a suit fitted over Jacob's tall, muscular body. But the people were not there, no one was, and music played softly in our ears. I blinked and the rain continued to drip across the windows with the sky black.

"Jacob," I breathed in his ear, making him shiver. "I love you fuzzy buddy."

"And I love you, pretty pixie."

Then we kissed. I lightly dug my nails into the back of his neck. At first I scared him a bit, but Jacob was quite calm for a werewolf, and softened. We kissed until there was a ring from the clock. Three in the morning. I pulled Jake into my bed as we started ripping clothes of each other. Each kiss was bittersweet, and full of remorse, but each and every move was pure bliss. We were like two bodies, but one soul, and the love was a perfect mix of pain and love. But then I heard Edward breathe angrily.

A/N: Too short? Sorry :) read vote comment <3