Chapter 20

Jasper's POV

I was at Edward'a meadow, so close to my Alice. There was a soft rustle in the bush. At first I thought it was a deer, but a girl stepped out. She had short, black hair, sticking out from all directions, her small frame shook, like me, she was dirty and her clothes were ripped, and so was her pale skin.

"Jasper?" She whispered. "Jasper is that really you?"

I stepped closer. "Yes." What had my little Alice become?

"Oh Jasper!" Her skinny arms wrapped around my neck. She kissed all inches of my face, saving my lips for last. "Oh I missed you, I missed you so much!"

I pushed her back up to a tree and deepened the kiss. My fingers fumbled with the buttons on her shirt, and when I got to the last few buttons I felt something on her stomach. We both eyed the claw marks sitting just above her waist.

"Aro was right," I mumbled to Alice. "Why Alice?"

Alice's POV

His eyes were filled with pain. "Why Alice?"

"No Jasper it...it was Sam," I told him. "You came right in the middle of a war, I was attacked."

"Why was the war going on?"

"Emmett was caught chasing a bear on their land," I lied. He nodded with a hardened face. My fingers traced his soft lips. "Don't leave me ever again."

"I won't. I love you my Alice," he combed my hair.

"I love you too."

"Alice!?" Jacob called. "Alice I see he's back." Oh no. "You were using me weren't you? To get the pain away? Because mister leech wasn't there to treat you like a little princess."

"No it's not like that!" My head was spinning. "Jacob it's not like that! I love you! Really I do!"

"You love him!?" Jasper yelled.

"Well I did," I corrected.

"Did!?" Jacob shot back. "Alice Cullen! Just tell the truth! Make it easier."

"Jacob kissed me days before you left Jasper. I needed someone to make the pain go away," I cried. "I knew Jacob loved me, I loved him too, but I couldn't let you go. Edward found out and-"

"Paul found out too," Jacob interrupted.

"Ya," I said. "Anyway, the war started, and we were all getting torn up and ripped apart. Then I saw a vision of you, here, so that's were I ran, and that brings us to now," I gasped at the pain ripping through my head.

"What did you do to her dog!?" Jasper pinned Jacob to the ground. "Why is she like this!?"

"It was you stupid!" Jacob started shaking. "You left! I was the only one who could make the pain go away!" I couldn't hear what Jasper said next.

The man stood at the edge of the bridge, waiting for the moment to jump. When he did he felt all his regret poor from him, he didn't want to die now.

Jasper was at my side, still calling out for me.

A woman was crying, her husband's grave in front of her. Why would he want to kill himself? Jump of a bridge? What had she done to him, she wondered. For she did not know.

Jacob yelled at Jasper, and he yelled back, Jacob running into the forest. I didn't want him to leave.

It was a familiar girl...I think. It was...my niece, as I had found out, my sister Cynthia Brandon had had a child. She was sitting there, dying slowly from cancer. Her long, blonde hair in a braid, slowly turning white. Her husband was next to her, holding her small hand and....praying? She wasn't going to live much longer, both the man and I knew it.

"Alice?" I blinked at my adoptive father. Where was I? "Alice what happened?"

"V-visions," I choked. "It was scary. Where's Jasper? Where's Jacob? Carlisle where are they!?"

"Calm down Alice," Carlisle took my shoulders. "They're fine I promise."

"Where are they!?" I was shaking with anger, my eyes huge. "Where Carlisle!?"

"In the living room," Carlisle shook his head. "Calm down."

I jumped up and raced into Jasper's arms. He stroked my short, black hair. "I still miss you," I whispered in his chest.

"I miss you too," Jazz replied.

"What about me?" Jacob pretended to be sad.

"Come here fuzzy buddy," I opened one of my arms.

He joined in our little hug, wrapping his left arm around my waist and his right slung on Jasper's shoulder.

"When did you guys become best friends?" I laughed.

"When you changed our lives Mary Alice Brandon Cullen," Jacob and Jasper smiled.

"Just Alice," I corrected.

"We know."

"The wars not over yet people," Edward growled. "Just because Jasper's here doesn't mean anything."

"I know," I sighed, looking at Carlisle. "We don't even know when the Volturi are coming."

"The Volturi are coming!?" Jasper's arms tightened. "Alice we have to do something."

"Again, I know."

A/N:awwwww Jasper's back :) it's a perfect ending.....but it's not the ending....yet.