Chapter 6- What a Fun Day

*Jo's P.O.V*

riing. riiiing. riiiiing.

'C'mon Con...' I thought chewing my nail.

riiiiing.

"H-hello?" When Connor finally picked up, his voice was scratchy and quiet. I grined and giggled slightly. Sexy morning voice.

"Goodmorning, sleepyhead." I laughed at him. "You know its 12:30, right?" 

"Seriously?" He groaned.

"Yes! Wait, did I wake you?" I asked in my best innocent voice, trying not to laugh.

"Don't worry about it. How are you? After last night..."

I started to pick at my pillow case and sighed. "I'm fine. But I should be asking you that question. How's your eye?" There was a slight pause.

"It's alright." I knew he was lying and I took the phone away from my ear and rubbed my face. I didn't want to face anyone after last night. I couldn't imagine talking to Dalton. I had been ignoring his calls and texts all morning. I just couldn't do it.

"Jo?" I heard.

"Yes..."

"Would you like to spend the day at the mall with me?" Connor said. A wide grin spread across my face.

"Yes."

---------------

By 1:30, I had thrown on a pair of skinny jeans, a tank top and some black converse. I shoved some cash and my sunglasses into my bag and checked my phone.

New message from: Con :)

'YOUR CAT IS ADORABLE K.'

I smiled.

I flung open my bedroom door and ran down the stairs. I was intercepted by a hug.

"Hi Mom," I chuckled, surprised. My mother held me out at arms length.

"How was the party last night? I didn't hear you come home..." She cocked her head and I cleared my throat as my phone went off.

"It was fun," I said, fake smiling. She didn't let go.

"You know, there's a boy outside. Is he waiting on you?" My mom asked looking over her shoulder out the kitchen window. I nodded.

"Yeah we're going to the mall..." I used this opportunity to inch toward the door.

"What's his name?" she asked. 

"Connor," I shouted as I opened the door. "Bye, I'll text you!"

"You'reee sooo faattt..." Connor was cooing at my cat as she layed out on the driveway and allowed him to rub her tummy. I grinned and stepped off the porch.

"I know right!?" Connor looked up at me and smiled. His black eye stood out dark on his flawless complexition. My face fell as I walked forward to examine it closer but I was interrupted by Connor taking my hands lightly and planting a kiss on my lips firmly.

I closed my eyes and relaxed, breathing in his comforting smell.

"Now, can we go?" Connor asked, breaking the kiss.

Connor plugged his iPhone into the stereo and blasted Hoodie Allen. He rolled all the windows down and the bass blared as we backed out of my driveway and I laughed wondering what my neighbors were thinking.

"This song is like my jam!" Connor glanced over at me.

"Your lady jam?" he asked and I burst out laughing.