Chapter 8 - Bad Girl Meets Not-So-Bad Boy

Chapter 8 – Bad Girl Meets Not-So-Bad Boy

Not knowing what I should do, I laughed at Zayn's serious face. "That's impossible," I shook my head whilst still laughing. "You haven't known me that long and you know Perrie more than God-knows when,"

"That's why I'm so confused about my feelings," he sighed. "I feel attracted to you like I did to her before,"

"You can't fall in love with me, Zayn," I told him. "You just can't,"

"Why?" he asked. "Is it because you're a gang member? I can see pass through that, you're already over being a gang member. You can have new life...possibly with me,"

"Because I'm trouble," I responded immediately. "We live in separate worlds. You're drowned in fantasy whilst I'm drowned in reality. You're in stardom whilst I'm in the streets, fighting gang members who might be able to kill me somehow,"

Maybe I was wrong about the last part, the gang members wouldn't be able to kill me because we weren't the ones who kill. We just stole. But the police might be able to, but I didn't tell him that.

And how could I possibly have a new life with him? How could I tell him that I was not over from being a gang member?

I was going to go to Jake's gang after a month, how could I possibly tell him that?

"You're just misinterpreting your feelings, Malik," I said with a cold tone, hoping that he would now wake up from insanity.

"Bu—"

"What's going on here?" My head snapped at the voice's direction. For once, I was so glad to see Perrie and her blonde hair. I knew I wouldn't be able to argue any further with Zayn if she hadn't come to my rescue. "You're missing out the fun, Zayn,"

Perrie looked at the both of us curiously but just shrugged it off after a second. I knew that she didn't want to possibly think that I had an affair with her boyfriend. Well, that sounded really, really, amusing. It was like I was a man-stealer here.

***

"So...we only have a month, huh?" Danielle cleared as she stirred her coffee. We were in Starbucks again and Perrie was out. Since she was in a band, she was busier than Danielle and Eleanor. "A month then you'll be gone, great,"

"What's really the reason, Ava?" Eleanor asked me. "It's obvious that being a burden to us is not only the reason. There's something else that you didn't tell us about,"

I thought about it a moment. Even if Eleanor and Danielle had not known me for that long, they knew me very well. It was like they could read me like an open book.

We were closer than I thought.

Was I ready to leave them?

Surely, we would be closer after a month. It would be more difficult for me to distance or separate myself away from them.

Should I really leave?

"I'm joining another gang," I breathed out. I didn't look up to meet their eyes but I knew what their reactions were. They were shocked, that was for sure. And I started the story of how I stumbled upon Jake and how he offered me to stay in his gang.

I left no detail of what we talked about. I guessed that I trusted Danielle and Eleanor more than enough. The both of them replaced Jenny anyway, my old bestfriend back in Travis's gang.

I missed her, of course. She was like a sister to me. She knew of what I'd been through when I still had a relationship with Travis. I'd known her my whole life. She was one of the orphanage kids that ran away with Travis and me.

"Okay, avoid depression," Danielle sighed. "But you still haven't told us why Zayn wanted to talk to you alone yesterday,"

Another dilemma, I mentally face-palmed myself. "Did he tell you that he doesn't like Perrie anymore?"

I immediately looked at Eleanor after that. I eyed her suspiciously and saw her smirking at me. "How did you know of that?"

"Oh, please," she rolled her eyes. "It was obvious when he was looking at Perrie. His eyes held no feelings towards her,"

"I noticed that too," Danielle agreed. "The way he looks at Perrie...it's different from the way that he looks at you. But I can say that it was the same look that he was giving Perrie before. Though I don't know who to route for. You and Perrie are my friends, I don't know whose side I'm on when it comes to winning Zayn Malik's heart,"

"Same here," Eleanor said.

"You don't need to choose whose side you are on," I informed them. "I'm not in the battle of winning Zayn's heart. Hell, I don't even want to think about myself being on the same battlefield as Perrie,"

"Why?" Eleanor asked. "Because you're a fighter?"

I shook my head. "Violence is not the solution when it comes to romance,"

"Hey, El," Danielle decided to mock me. "I never knew that Avarielle Klyser's a poet,"

"Me too," Eleanor responded, acting like I wasn't even there, and I rolled my eyes in response to that. "I wonder what's going to be her hit quotation next..."

"Guys!" I chuckled. "Stop it!"

"Sorry, Ava," Danielle laughed. "But we can't help it,"

***

It was past nine o'clock. I went out of the bathroom after taking a quick shower and then I heard someone singing.

It wasn't really someone because there were only the two of us here in the flat. "If I was your man, baby you...Never worry 'bout, what I do. I'd be coming home back to you, every night, doing you right," something inside me triggered. I hadn't heard Zayn singing before. It was like the only thing that existed was Zayn himself.

Even though I was only wearing an underwear and wrapped in a towel, I walked towards Zayn's door. "...You're the type of woman, who deserves good things. Fistful of diamonds, handful of rings. Baby you're a star. I just want to show you, you are. You should let me love you..."

I didn't expect for myself to know the song since I wasn't' that 'in' to music. I wasn't a music lover. Maybe I would be one if music didn't hate me that much. My voice was terrible...and I wasn't kidding about that. But Zayn's voice was different. His voice was angelic on its own. His voice was breathtaking enough even without accompaniment.

I didn't have an idea of what he was doing. Was he recording his voice or was he just jamming by himself? I didn't know and didn't care as long as he was singing.

I leaned on the door as I continued to listen to him singing 'Let Me Love You' by Mario. Once he finished the chorus, he stopped singing. Something inside me ached, and I knew that I was just desperate to hear him sing again.

I was about to go the guest room when the door suddenly opened and I fell on my back. "Shit," I muttered as pain shot from my behind.

I looked up and saw Zayn staring with his eyes wide-opened at me. "What are you doing outside my door?"

"I-I...I'm just..." I stood up immediately and ran to the guest room, leaving Zayn extremely surprised.

I slammed the door shut behind me and breathed out a huge amount of air.

I didn't know what was embarrassing enough, was it the fact that I fell on my butt in front of him or was it the fact that he saw me only wrapped in a towel, lost for words because of his singing?