Chapter 6 - Bad Girl Meets Not-So Bad Boy

Chapter 6 – Bad Girl Meets Not-So Bad Boy

There was a very particular feeling when I held hands with Zayn for the second time. I didn't know why but I was sure that Perrie was one factor for that unfamiliar feeling. "Are you sure you guys can go bowling?"

"Of course, love," Zayn answered as we were inside the van and left Zayn's car in Perrie's property. "We're five lads living the dream. We're not that superior to others so we can play anything that we want,"

"But you guys are famous," I pointed out. "So, it's like being superior to others,"

"All of us can have a normal life," Perrie interrupted whilst looking at the view outside of the window. There was a bitter tone in her voice. The others decided to step out of the conversation except for Harry, obviously.

Zayn, Perrie, and I, remained quiet all throughout the ride and the others were not oblivious about that but decided not to comment about it. Danielle and Liam were lost in their thoughts. Louis and Eleanor kept talking about university and the concerts. And lastly, Niall and Harry who were in the front seats were just babbling about things that didn't even make sense.

"But sometimes, you've got to admit, you can't have a normal life," I said. "Right, Zayn?"

"She's right," Zayn sided with me because even though I was not a celebrity, I was just speaking of the truth. By the looks of Perrie's face, she wasn't really happy about Zayn's remark. Did she expect him to side with her after what she did to him?

"How did the two of you meet?" everyone tensed at Perrie's question, including myself. But it was a good thing that Perrie was just looking outside the window and didn't even realize what just happened inside the van. When I didn't answer immediately, that was when she turned her head to look at me.

"We bumped into each other whilst he was wearing his disguise," I covered but Perrie just raised an eyebrow at me.

"I don't usually see Zayn walking alone," she looked at her ex-boyfriend. "Right, Zayn?"

"And I met him the same night that you dumped him," I based my story when I talked to her on the phone before.

"You just knew each other for a couple of days," she said rather harshly. "Do you plan on just using him because of his popularity and fame?"

"Perrie," Danielle said softly and Perrie was shocked of what she did.

"I'm sorry..." Perrie muttered as she stared outside of the window again. "I d-didn't mean to say that. It just came up,"

"It's fine," I said and I felt Zayn's hand squeezing mine. I looked at him and saw him looking at Perrie. I saw that familiar look in his eyes once again.

He really did miss her.

If pretending right in front of her was doing the right thing, why wasn't he happy? And ever since I was a child, everybody told me that revenge was sweet, but when I looked at Zayn, why did I feel the opposite way?

Was doing this really the right thing?

"We're here!" Niall tried to lighten up the atmosphere and Harry obviously wanted to help him.

"Let's go, guys!" Harry said as he hopped out of the van. "I'm so excited to see all of your faces once I beat you!"

"You wish!" Liam added.

Zayn and I were the last ones to go out of the car. We slowed down so we were a few steps away from the group. "You need to tell her," I told him.

"Why?" he immediately asked. "It's working,"