Kean - Chapter 10

Kean

Tuesday. Luckily my Mom didn't look for the watch I lost. I should be looking for Daniel straight away. I know he won't be in the quarter's today because it's not his schedule today. I just have to find him here. Before I could make a turn, my bag was pulled back by someone very hard and I hit the floor. I rubbed my bottom and stood up. I looked up and it's them again. Don' they ever get tired of me? It's been like a long time since they started this. I walked away from them and continued looking for Daniel.

"There goes the emo freak!" I heard one of them saying that making all of them laugh. 

"Leave him alone you morons!" Liam just appeared out of nowhere. I turned around and tried to stop him. "You don't have any business with him, so back off." Just great. Now he is putting himself is such big risk. I don't need protection. 

"Fine, fine, you go together queers!" laughing and walks out.

"You should tell me that they are bullying you and report them for disciplinary actions." he stood up and kind of raised his voice. I walked straight ahead and ignored him. I tried to put on my earphones and pretend to listen but he pulled them away. "What are you just going to ignore me? You know, best friends should protect each other not leave them."

"Okay, just let me get this straight. You're my "best friend " but its not your business if I get bullied alright. I don;t want anyone close to me to get hurt." I tapped his shoulder and tried to give him a big smile.

"I can live with that. So where are you going anyways? It's just a few minutes before second period and you seem not to quite care about it." he walked along with me towards the corridors. He walk jumps like a little kid. "I'm actually looking for Daniel right now. Do you know him?" I stretched my neck out to have a view on whose coming towards us.

"The senior stud? Yes and I just know where his next class is. Come on!" he grabs my hand and starts to run. I hold my bag tightly and ran as fast as I could. "Please slow down, I'm not in a hurry. I just needed something from him."

He suddenly stopped and I bumped on his shoulders. "What is it? Are you having an affair with him? I will be seriously mad with you." his tone grew up and stared at me angrily. "W-w-what are you talking about? I don't have any affair with him. I just lost my watch and the last person I know that has seen it was Daniel. He patched up my cuts on my wrists so I have to take it off. But I forgot to take it with me after his done."

"Just explain it clearly so that I don't bother about it. Okay, let's go." And then we just walked slowly towards the computer laboratory. Surprisingly, he was just standing by the door like he was expecting someone. 

He looked at both sides and i can see he was glad when he saw me. "Kean! I was just looking for you but I can;t because class is about to start. You must be looking for your stuff from yesterday. Just wait here and let me get it for you."

He went inside the room and into the loud crowd. "Hmm.. No affair huh." Liam rolls his eyes and looks away.

"Believe what you want." I stood beside the door and waited for him

"Here you go! Oh and can i invite you for lunch? You and your friend here. My friends and my fiancee are not here today so i just wanted some company. I hope you won't mind that." he hands me over the watch and my wrist bands. I could feel my head so hot as he was putting it on my hands. Liam was just shocked with mouth wide-open. "You and Jake? Engaged?" He asked at him like he was just the same age as him.

"Uhm, yeah. Actually he just proposed last night and it was the perfect night I ever had." He showed us his engagement ring and Liam just awed.

"Y-yes, of course. Let's just meet up at the cafeteria." I looked down shyly. "Great! And oh by the way, my treat because I wanted to celebrate it. See you then."  He walks inside and closes the door.

And then my heart just crashed like a falling meteorite from the sky. Him and Jake. Engaged. It shattered me into a million pieces. I can't believe it.