Jake - Chapter 7

*Flashback*

Earlier this morning.

"Are you sure about this son?" my Dad asks putting down his morning paper. "You know that life after marriage will be quite tough and there will be no turning back even if you are saying you and Dan will get married after college."

"I am sure, not pretty sure but very sure. I wanted to spend my life with Daniel and I know he wants it that way too."

My Mom comes to me and hugs me, then kisses me on my forehead, "You've grown up already son and I'm so proud of you. Just make sure you won't hurt Dan or else me and your Dad will punish you like you've never been punished before." 

"No, no, I won't do that to Daniel. He is very special to me and would never hurt him physically and emotionally. And I've decide to propose to him later after class." holds out the ring. "I know this is not the most beautiful but this will be something that will keep us together."

My Mom lifts her hand up and takes the ring off her finger, "Here better give this to him. Your father gave this to me when we were about your age. I'm sure he will like this one.". She hands me over the ring. "Take care of it and Daniel."

"Thanks Mom and Dad. I promise you that."

*End of Flashback*

I just can't wait tonight. I know Dan and I just had dinner last night but I can't help myself but miss him. I love being with him all the time. Ever since we were kids, I already have this feelings for him. Maybe I was too young then to understand it but I am sure that it is still the exact same thing as I felt before. And now I am about to propose to him. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with him. Since we can't have kids, we would probably adopt a couple and raise them as our own and be a happy family.

English class just finished and he is still sleeping in my shoulders. He must be really tired and didn't have enough sleep last night. I really wonder why he still got good grades in most of his subjects with this kind of attitude. He just sleeps and sleeps in our classes. I love the way he sleeps and he looks so cute in that state. I didn't want to bother him sleeping  but we have to leave the room now. So, I woke him up so we could fix our stuff and leave the room. "Dan, baby, wake up now. Class just finished and everyone's leaving the room already."

He startled a bit, "What?! Did I miss something important?" His eyes are still puff and teary. I hold his head with both hands and kissed him on his lips. "Don't worry baby, it was just some sort of introduction and boring stuff. Let me wipe off those tears." I pulled out my handkerchief and wiped them. "Feeling better now?" 

"Sort of. Well, what's your next class? I still have an our break before the next one, which is at the computer laboratory." started to put his stuff away in his bag.

"I just have thrity minutes and its just by the corner. Physics and stuff. I can walk you to the computer lab if you don;t mind." grabbing my bag and stood up from my seat. I offered him my hand and helped him stand up.

"Yeah, sure. I would love that." He walks over to my side holding on my shoulders. For some reason he gets mad if I ever take his bag and hold it for him.

"Let me hold your bag for you. It looks kinda heavy, you know." What I mean with heavy is just a couple of notebooks, 3 pens, calculator, his laptop and a few bits of paper for surprise quizzes. Since he is a computer major, he always need to bring his laptop with him. I am much more interested in automotive. 

"No! I don't want that. How many times do I have to remind you I don't like that." he hugs his bag even more tighter. I just hugged him to calm him down,"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I know you don't like that but I don't want to see you struggle."

He looked up at me smiling, "Well, I just don't want it. You know I don't have to hide from you but I'm not the same with the other girls who treat there boyfriends like slaves to have them carry their bags and other stuff for them." He kissed me on my cheek and we walk all along, holding our hands together, not caring who will stop us.

"Jake, I'll see you at lunch. My schedule is pretty much full just right before it." He kisses me goodbye and walks in to the room.

"I love you." I whispered.