Chapter 11

Here you go! A new chapter! I've been kind of out of my writing mood and more in a reading mood (I\ve read some amazing fics these past few days) But I hope it doesn't affect the chapter too much. Enjoy lovelies!

When Louis woke up alone the next morning he promptly burst into tears. He knew he should’ve seen it coming, but he kind of forgot because they’d already been together for so long. He knew he’d asked too much from Liam, knew he was turning into a terrible person, so Liam had every right to leave him. Louis curled in on himself as he pressed Liam’s pillow into his face, taking in the scent he’d gotten used to after all that time.

Lou.

Louis looked up as he heard Liam gasp out his name. He saw him scurry through the room, swiftly putting down two cups of steaming tea on his nightstand before he shuffled back into the bed. As soon as he was in reach, Louis clung onto him with all his might, burying his face into Liam’s shoulder as he cried, this time out of relief. “Lou, what’s wrong?” Liam pressed, hands running through his boyfriend’s hair as he eyes him worriedly. “Thought you left me.” Louis’ voice came out muffled as he spoke into Liam’s chest. Liam could feel his skin heating up where Louis’ hot breaths panted onto him. “Oh love, you know I’d never do that.” He murmured. Louis only tightened his grip and they both stayed quiet for a while, letting Louis calm down.

“Did you forget to take your meds, Hun?” Liam questioned, recognizing his behaviour as one of his rare episodes. Louis shook his head, though, and that made Liam curious. “Did something happen, then?” He guessed, and that time he was right, proven as Louis mewled pathetically. “You wanna cry it out for a bit and then tell me?” Liam suggested, and Louis nodded then, puffing out shaky breaths as he let everything sink in. Liam was still there with him, he hadn’t left him. He could feel his heartbeat right underneath his ear and let it soothe him.

“Why did you think I’d leave you?” Liam asked softly, wondering which way the conversation would be going. “I would leave me.” Louis answered equally as soft, burying deeper into Liam’s broad chest as they sunk back into the pillows. “Now why would you say that?” Liam questioned him, a frown placed on his forehead. “Because I’m becoming a terrible person.”  

And then Liam had a hunch about the topic of their talk.

“Five months. Five months, Li!” Louis cried. “What if five months become, three? Or one? Or just a week? A day? What if I lose the meaning of love?” Louis mourned into Liam’s chest. Liam looked down at the brown hair splayed across his chest as he ran his fingers through it. Louis’ small form shook with little sobs that seemed to tear at Liam. He hated it that Louis made everything so hard for himself. Because Liam was no longer hunching, Louis’ seemingly cryptic words made all the sense in the world to Liam. They had been together with Zayn for five months and apparently Louis had fallen in love with a new boy. Louis felt bad for doing the same thing again, to Liam and now also Zayn. Liam wished he could just embrace himself as he was, just like Liam did. But instead, Louis tried to fight it, tried not to give into what his heart was telling him and it hurt him to speak about it with Liam. Liam had hoped that Louis could just tell him that he’d met someone new, that he could be happy about it and tell Liam and Zayn about it and that they could try to win the new boy over. But instead, the whole process was mixed with so much pain and tears, something Louis didn’t need. He needed love, but he made it really hard on himself.

“Lou, you will never lose the meaning of love. If anyone knows what love is, it’s you. I’ve never witnessed a love like yours and I can say that it’s the most amazing kind. Okay, maybe I’m a bit biased, but believe me when I say that loving you and being loved by you in return is the most amazing thing ever. And it hasn’t changed since Zayn.” Liam spoke, hoisting Louis a little higher so he was forced to look at him. “B-but I’m already looking at other men and-” Liam pull his boyfriend a bit closer as he stared at him penetrative. “Louis, do you fall in love with every man that walks down the street?” Louis’ bottom lip trembled a bit as he shook his head. “N-no, bu-” “That means that love is still something for you, Lou. That boy, whoever he is, has done something, whatever that may be, to make you fall for him. That right there is love.” Liam spoke sternly but gentle, trying to get Louis to agree with him. Eventually, he did, Louis nodded weakly and let out a soft ‘okay’. Liam breathed out and smiled at him, draping him so that Louis was lying on top of him, head rested on his shoulder.