Chapter 4

The next chapter! I know it's not really popular on here, but maybe there's this one person reading and I wouldn't like to just stop writing, because I'm not stopping at all. This story is rather popular on OneDirectionFanFiction so I write it for there and putting it up here is not that much of a problem, so that's why I still bother.

The two lovers decided to have a lazy Sunday. They had only left the bed to make some breakfast together, but other than that they just laid cuddled together. They mostly talked, but they might have gotten a bit distracted after a while. All in all just a day spent with just the two of them. 

Liam loved those days because it meant that Louis felt good enough to skip a walk around town and that gave Liam a sense of pride, because he knew that he was the one who made Louis feel that way. 

There was something off, though. Louis wasn’t necessarily down, but he was a bit absent. He had been for days now. He was thinking a lot more than usual, Liam knew that sounded a bit degrading but it was the only way to put it. He didn’t want to pressure Louis into telling him what was on his mind. He knew that if it was something important, he would know eventually so he waited patiently for Louis to tell him what was going on. Of course he made guesses, but he didn’t let himself ponder over the options for too long. He and Louis had been together for more than a year, so he knew Louis quite well. He’d either tell Liam himself, or he would get worse and Liam would have to talk to him about it. Louis would always tell. 

The doorbell disturbed their peaceful silence and they both jumped a bit at the sound. Liam huffed and Louis scowled as they slipped out of bed, put on some comfortable clothes over their nudity and strolled to the front door together. They weren’t really prepared to be met with a distressed looking Zayn, so they didn’t know how to respond to that sight. Zayn was fidgeting, eyes shifting around constantly and face screaming fear. Liam was the first to shake from his shock. “Zayn!” He called out, the boy flinching at his voice. “Is something wrong?” Liam lowered his voice as he questioned Zayn. 

“They’re after me.” His soft voice trembled. The two lovers frowned, but didn’t hesitate to pull Zayn into their home, which startled him greatly. They guided him to their couch as they listened to his babbling into air. “Zayn, you’re okay. They can’t get you  in here.” Louis assured, patting his shoulder softly, but retreating his hand quickly as he saw it put Zayn into even more fear. Zayn whimpered and shrunk in on himself, trying to shield his body from whatever evil was haunting him. 

“Zayn, talk to us.” Liam ordered, voice somehow still soft and gentle. “I don’t know why I came here, I shouldn’t be here. I need to be alone, I don’t want to be alone. Please leave me alone.” Zayn was clearly not fully with Liam and Louis, they both observed that as he rocked himself back and forth as he kept repeating random sentences like mantras. The two boyfriends looked at each other for help, the tiny whimpers falling between them feeling like cuts. “Stop smothering, stop hurting me, stop… please.” Zayn nearly broke into sobs and Liam and Louis were nearing desperation. They both instinctively reached for Zayn’s hands to give some kind of comfort, although the last times they tried weren’t successful. 

That time was different, though. Zayn grunted at the touches, shrugging them off immediately. His voice didn’t sound scared anymore, no more whimpers or cries. His whole body language had changed. “Don’t fucking touch me. I don’t want your pity. It’s not like you really care at all.” Zayn spat. Liam and Louis obeyed, scooting a bit further away from Zayn to give him his space. They both locked eyes again, having a silent conversation. This wasn’t just a tantrum, just like he wasn’t scared for a reason before that, just like his anger was so overwhelming in the park when Louis met him. He and Liam could agree on that. They both had a different theory, though, and they needed to get on the same page before they could help Zayn.