More Manikins? This Just Keeps Getting Better...

Chapter Nine: More Manikins? This Just Keeps Getting Better...

Clank. Clank. Clank.

The sound of metal hitting metal rang through the halls of Lizzy's apartment as Sephiroth made yet another failed attempt at nailing a plank to the wall, trying to board up the door. As predicted, the other half of the manikins were on their way-- and Lizzy was at the library.

If you guys have been paying any attention to this story whatsoever, you should know by now how utterly and completely screwed this made our heroes. (Well, hero. The other two are villains.)

"I... can't... get the... damn... boards in!" screeched the one-winged angel, delivering another blow to the nail with his hammer. It goes without saying that Sephiroth is not the type of person you'd want fixing your house.

"Oh... suck... it... up!" Cloud wheezed, imitating his nemesis' tone perfectly and earning a death glare from the ex-SOLDIER. "You're... the... strongest... out... of... the... three... of... us!"

Ultimecia stifled a giggle. "Not... to... mention... this... entire... thing... is... your... fault!"

By this point, Sephiroth was absolutely livid. And as any true FF7 fangirl would know, a livid Sephiroth with a hammer is never, never, NEVER a good thing to be within five miles of. Unfortunately for them, Cloud and Ultimecia were about to learn this the hard way.

"Sephiroth? I don't like the way you're looking at m-- AAAAAAAAAAAAAUGH!"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Much chaos, pain, and crazy manikins later...

"Well, I hope you morons are happy." A very annoyed Lizzy stood in the doorway with her arms folded in a 'you are so dead' stance. "I can't even leave you alone for half an hour! It's not that long to the library, you know. You could have just called."

'Happy' was not at all the correct term to describe the terrible threesome. Cloud had bandages on his head to cover the bloody wound Sephiroth's hammer had made. Ultimecia had a broken wing and was still trying to get the nails out of her arm, where they had been inserted during Sephiroth's rampage. And finally, the madman himself was being dragged home from the asylum, where they had managed to calm him down... enough.

"What do you three have to say for yourself?" Lizzy scolded, tapping her bare foot on the wooden floor.

Cloud stood up warily and made his way over to her, trying not to collapse. His expression changed from exhausted to furious.

"LISTEN, FEM-GENESIS! THE FUCKING MANIKINS WERE FUCKING EVERYWHERE. THE TWO OF US WERE WOUNDED. MISTER HANDYMAN HERE WAS IN THE FUCKING MENTAL HOSPITAL. THEY FUCKING CREAMED US. AND WHAT WERE YOU DOING!?" He paused for a second. "I'LL TELL YOU WHAT YOU WERE FUCKING DOING. YOU WERE AT THE FUCKING LIBRARY READING AND CHECKING TUMBLR AND WHATEVER IT IS YOU DO AT FUCKING LIBRARIES. AND WORST OF ALL, YOU WERE LEAVING US ALONE. WITH. FUCKING. SEPHIROTH."

 "Okay, I'm kiiiiiiinda starting to see what I did wrong here." Lizzy scratched her forehead. "But that still doesn't explain why you were fighting each other."

Sephiroth pointed at Cloud and Ultimecia. They pointed at Sephiroth.

"He started it."

"They started it."

 "Liar," all three of them said at the same time.

Lizzy stepped between them to prevent an all-out feud from starting. "You three, break it up. I don't want any more damage done to my apartment. Next time, you're all coming with me. Got it?" she snapped in a tone that suggested to them that it was time to shut the hell up.

They gulped and went over to opposite corners of the room, each mumbling something along the lines of "I think I'll just go over there now."

"I thought so."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<To: onewingedangel7@chaos.com; silverhairedsorceress8@chaos.com>

<From: king_of_blitzball10@chaos.com>

<Subject: Good news>

Hey guys!

So I have some AWESOME news. Garland and Golbez came up with and are working on an interplanetary teleportation device to bring you two (and Cloud) back! Since it involves Spiky there, we were able to recruit some people on Cosmos' side too. In fact, I think we got all of them except for OK, WoL, Firion, Terra, and Squall (who wouldn't partake in a mission to rescue his enemy. Thanks a lot, Ulti.) Awesome, huh?

-Jecht (who is awesome)

An alert tone played from Sephiroth's and Ultimecia's iPhones as they received the message. As they read it, the corners of their mouths rose like airplanes.

"Clooooooooud!" they called at the same time.

"Yeah?"

"Look at this!"

Cloud trudged over to the couch to read what was on Sephiroth's screen. His eyes widened as he realized what it meant.

"Does this mean we can go back home?"

"It sure does," he replied, followed by a group hug about five seconds later.

Lizzy, of course, had been filming the whole thing.

((Author's note: Sorry to keep you waiting! I think those three are starting to warm up to each other, whaddabout you? ^^ I'm thinking at the end they could be close friends or something.))