Epilogue

One year later...

"Happy anniversary Bella," Edward whispered in my ear as we finished another of our sexual exploits. I smiled.

"Happy anniversary Edward."

"Do you want to do anything touristy today?" he asked, rubbing the skin behind my ear with his nose gently.

"Not today," I replied, "Though perhaps we should go out a little more than we did last year."

Edward grinned.

"I think we're worse than Rose and Emmett," he said with a little pride.

"Definitely worse," I said, leaning in for another of his addictive kisses.

It was exactly a year since we'd been married. I remembered very little of the ceremony itself. Alice, Rose and Esme had all had great fun dressing me up in my dress and playing Barbie Bella, and then Carlisle had walked me down the isle. I didn't really remember our vows either, but I do remember saying 'I do' at the right moment.

And I remember the soul-searing kiss Edward gave me at the alter. It was only family an a vicar in attendance, so... Who cares? I couldn't have asked for a better first kiss as husband and wife. The reception wasn't long, and Jacob had warned me, while dancing, that he was making an exception as it was my wedding. He'd have to hit something if I kissed Edward like that in public again.

Jacob had become my best friend again, and there was nothing romantic between us. Edward was glad I had Jacob, I think, and they'd formed a friendly alliance. It made me extremely happy to watch them interact a little.

We'd taken our honeymoon at Isle Esme, and island owned by the Cullens. We'd planned on doing all the touristy stuff in Brazil, and having a couple of days wandering around the island, but we'd hadn't really got further than the beach. We'd spent more time together in the large, wonderful bed provided by Esme.

We had decided to spend our anniversary there too, and I was determined, during the flight, to do all the things we'd missed out on before. When laying on top of Edward, however, kissing him senseless, I was beginning to rethink my decision. Wouldn't it be nice to stay there all day...?

No. We were going to get out of that bedroom if it killed me to do so.

Edward might take a little more convincing though, I thought grimly.

***

Six months later...

"Please tell me you're joking Edward?" Rosalie begged.

"No, I'm dead serious," my husband replied. I still got a kick out of saying it. Husband. And I was Bella Cullen.

"A baby? A human baby?" Rose asked, skeptically.

"What did you expect us to do? Leave it in the meadow for the foxes to eat?" I snapped.

"No, but..."

"But what?" Edward asked cooly.

For a vampire that would have done anything to have a child, Rose was sure making this difficult.

Edward and I had been in our meadow, for once just talking and exchanging to odd kiss, when we'd heard a cry from a baby. After a little investigation, we'd found a tiny baby girl, hidden under a bush in a wicker basket. We'd both been startled, and had decided to take it back to the house. As we were walking back, at human pace so as not to upset the girl, we'd discussed our options. We could give it up for adoption, or we could keep it.

We both wanted to keep it.

Rose didn't.

"Rose," Esme said softly, "You want to be a mother."

"But we're vampires Esme!" she cried, "How can we care for a human child? We'll kill her! And we'd have to explain who we are."

"We won't kill her Rose," Alice said, "We've had centuries of practise. All of us. She'd be safe with us."

"And," I said, "We would have to explain who we are, eventually. But as long as she kept our secret, that wouldn't be a problem. The Romanians will only harm her if she threatens vampires. Which she won't."

It was true. The Romanians ruled the world of vampires in a far better way that the Volturi did, and we'd established a friendship of sort over the years.

"Fine!" Rose said, throwing her hands up, "We can keep the baby."

Everyone smiled.

"What shall we call her?" Carlisle asked.

"Her middle name should be Katrina," I said softly.

"Any objections?" Carlisle asked. Nobody spoke. "A first name?"

"Felicity," Edward said, startling everyone. I'd never thought of Edward as the type to name baby girls.

Our expressions must have shown on our faces, as Edward continued.

"It means happiness," he said, smiling at the little girl.

"Felicity Katrina Cullen," Esme whispered, nodding.

So it was settled, and Felicity came into the Cullen family.

***

A week later, we were all sitting in the living room, watching as Esme played with Felicity. It bought a smile to my face. She was a gorgeous little baby, with little tufts of brown hair and bright blue eyes. Her skin was fair, though not nearly so fair as ours.

"She's beautiful," Edward murmured.

I stroked her face with a long, cold, white finger.

"She is."

"I can't imagine life without you," Edward said suddenly.

"Don't try to," I replied, "I love you."

"As I love you," Edward said.

"And I have forever to make sure you know," I said with a grin.

"Forever," Edward repeated, sealing the vow by placing his lips gently against mine.

Life could never be perfect, ever. But it was about as close as it could get.

***

A/N

There it is. That's the end. I'm sorry that the epilogue was very short, but I felt that it covered everything nevertheless. I really hope you enjoyed this journey, and I was very glad to have you all along. I'd love a last little bit of feedback, for the last time. I'm pleased to have finished this, and I feel incredible pleased with the story.

Love to you all!

Lucy xX