Chapter 36

Chapter 36

I woke up with a half- smile plastered on my face. Last night with Harry was the most pleasant time we had ever spent with each other- besides, you know, having sex. I heard my mother shuffling about in her room and decided it was time to get ready to go out. I put on my black bikini, some denim shorts, a white tank top with a high neckline, my flannel and some sandals. I got my back and self-ready then opened the door to see my mother sitting with a cup of coffee reading a pamphlet.

"What are you reading Mom?" I asked, curiously, I then poured a cup of coffee for myself and sat down next to her.

"When you went back up to the room last night-" That was the lie I told her when I went to meet Harry, I felt bad for leaving her but she was more than happy for me to get some rest. "I got talking to a woman here on business, her name was Sophia and she told me about the spa day."

"Spa day?"

"Yes, this hotel holds a day where adults can come and relax, get massages and facials."

"That sounds cool, do you want to go with this woman- Sophia?" I asked, honestly my mother could do with a massage.

"I would like to but, what do you want?" She asked. I smiled at her and held her hand in front of me. I fished into my backpack for my purse and looked at the pamphlet for the price.

"Don't worry about me, I am going to spend the day exploring while you spend it with a new friend getting massages. Then I want you to call me when you're finished, get all pretty and I will take you out to dinner in a restaurant that I have found while exploring." I smiled. "Here's the money." I handed her the fee for a full experience.

"My treat." I said. She smiled and took the money off of me.

"Be safe when you explore. I love you." She said giving me a hug and a kiss on the cheek.

"Always. I love you." I said. I went to my room quickly and added some must haves to my bag, like a hoodie and switched my shoes to my converse.

"Bye Mom."

***

I ran around in search for the curly haired, emerald eyed man. Looking up and down to see if I could see him sitting reading a book. Finally, I found him standing by the reception getting some water out of the drinks machine.

"What are you doing today?" I asked scaring him a little.

"Good morning to you too." He said yawing.

"Answer the question Harry."

"Nothing why?" He questioned.

"Would you like to explore the island with me?" I asked, then immediately regretted it when I saw his face, the shock was evident and so was the hesitation. "Did I overstep?"

"No, it's just, what about your mom?" He asked.

"She is giving me some free time." I smiled.

"Then hell yeah."

We climbed into the car we were renting and Harry started the ignition, the leather interior was warm and the sun glistened on the dashboard. He turned on the radio to an old rock song playing.

"Where do you want to go?" He asked pulling out of the car park.

"Let's go into town."

We parked the car in a carpark by the edge of the beach and payed the meter so we could be here all day. We are headed towards a busy street with shops outside and people laughing and walking about. I felt something brush up against my fingertips and look down to see Harry's hand trying to find my own.