Chapter 21:I do

I was in my bed staring at the ceiling as I thought of what Ivan said."Marry or I'll decide for you?Who even does that?!"I huff as I sit up.I love Soryu,with all my heart but is it really time to tie the knot?I mean,sure..we've been dating for 3 years and a half now but he's a mafia boss.What if he has to marry someone else in order to make peace with another group?Actually scratch that,I never even thought about that!I flop back down on the bed again until I hear a knock on the door."Come in"I mutter,not bothering to get up.

I hear the door open and thought it was Jay."Morning Jay"I mumble and was about to shut my eyes when....

"Morning Carolyn!" 

"AHHHH!!"I fell off the bed with a thump as I land on the floor.

I look up and saw Oliver and Roberto peeking over the bed."That was the best prank ever bro!"Oliver high-fived with Roberto.Ah,the terrible duo.I got up as they laughed."I never thought I would witness the great Princess Carolyn with bedhead!"Roberto teased as I threw a pillow at him.

"Grow up!Anyway what are you guys doing here?"They looked at each other as they reply.

"Ivan wanted to see you"Ivan?I was instantly on guard.What did he want now?I shooed them out as I got dressed.I wore a white laced dress along with white matching heels.I walked out and headed to Ivan's study.When I went in,I saw all 12 princes from all the other kingdoms.

"Ivan,what is the meaning of this?"I don't bother to greet my brother as I looked at the princes.

"As I said,if you don't choose within a week,I will make the decision for you"I glare at him.

"Excuse me?It has not even been a day yet!!!"I shout at him,forgetting about the other princes who were standing around awkwardly as we argued.

"Watch your mouth.I just brought them here to discuss things with you in case you change your mind to them"Ivan glared back at me before glancing at the other princes."Forgive her attitude.Shall we proceed with the meeting?"The other princes hesitantly nodded.

"Now then,as you might have heard,if Carolyn does not choose to marry Soryu in a week,she will be married to one of you.Any questions?"Prince Roberto hesitantly held up his arm."Yes Prince Roberto?"

"U-um...shouldn't Princess Carolyn have the right to pick who is her husband?"Oh my gosh,thank you so much Roberto! 

"Yeah,I kinda agree with that"Prince Joshua too?!But he never breaks the laws!Despite all of this,my brother doesn't waver.

"I will choose the husband for the good of Sanct Sybil.Love is unnecessary"Everybody in the room gasps as this.I slowly sink down onto my knees as I cried my heart out.

"Ivan,how could you think that?!"Prince Roberto and Prince Wilfred comforts me as they try to help me to stand up.

"Because that is the way it is"I sob even more at this.

"You know,that's really cold Ivan"Prince Kuon looks at Ivan as all the other princes does the same.

"It doesn't matter,so?Will you agree to marry my sister?"All the princes were silent for awhile before they all said the same thing at once.

"No"

Ivan was shocked and enraged at this."What do you mean 'no'?Do you even realise what you're saying?!This...this could benefit you much more that us!Imagine your kingdom along with Sanct Sybil!Prince Joshua think of it,all the power a-and Prince Wilfred,this is a good opportunity for Philip!"I seriously thought Joshua and Wilfred were gonna succumb to Ivan but they didn't to my surprise.

"Yeah sure,this is a good opportunity..."Ivan smiles widely at this."But what's the point when she's not happy?"Ivan's smile turns into an ugly frown as he glared at Wilfred.

"Why do you care so much?I'm offering her to you!Philip will have more money,more power,more everything!How can you refuse?!"Ivan hisses.

"Because we all care about her happiness."Ivan was shocked at this."Ivan,you never played with us when we were young.You always stood to the side,looking at us.What you didn't know that in time,we've come to share a close bond as brothers and sisters.That is how we see her as,nothing more.And as her brothers,we only want what's best for her,which is her happiness"I smiled gratefully at them.I'm so lucky to have them...

"I'll marry her"Soryu barges into the room as I tun around in shock.

"S-Soryu?!!!!"I barely had time to register my shock before Soryu pulled me into a tight embrace.

"I'll marry her,I'll do whatever it takes to protect her so please..."Soryu looked at my brother right in the eye.

*SIGHHHHH*

Ivan let out a huge sigh.

"Fine....but the wedding must be held this Sunday at Nobel Michel"

Sunday?!But that's like.....3 days away from now!!!