Chapter 10:Never be together

I woke up the next day and saw Soryu's sleeping face next to mine.I smiled as I ruffled his hair.So soft...His eyes suddenly opened,surprising me."Morning"He said as he gave me a kiss."Morning,did I wake you?"He cuddled me closer."No.....anyway...how are you feeling?" "Much better"I groaned a bit as I sat up."Take it easy"Soryu pulled me back down.I suddenly remembered my behaviour towards my brothers.God,I was so rude..I have to apologise to them. I quickly got dressed as I  headed towards the throne room.

I saw both my brothers in there.Something seems off about them."M-Morning"I nervously said and Yakov smiled at me."Good morning"But Ivan remains unresponsive."S-S--So um...I just wanted to apologise for um...yesterday"You gloomily hung your head as you spoke."Oh...it's ok,I understand"Yakov smiles softly at you but you had flinched at the word 'I' and not 'we'.Was Ivan still mad at you?You timidly peeked up at Ivan.His face was unreadable but there was no denying the cold aura vibrating around him.

"I-Ivan?"You looked up only to be met by his bluish-green eyes.You jumped back in shock and wondered how he turned out to be in front of you so fast.He grabbed your arm."I-Ivan?"You were scared and was trembling now under his cold glare that he never showed to you."He leaves today or he gets executed,choose."You looked at him in confusion before realising he was talking about Soryu."I-Ivan...why are you doing this?"You felt tears slip down your cheeks.You thought you saw a hint of remorse in Ivan's eyes but you must have been imagining it as his glare came back.

"Because commoners and royals can never be together.*Slap*Your hands moved before you could process what was happening,slapping Ivan on the face,shocking him.You looked up at him with your tear streaked face and hateful eyes as you spat out "I wish you were never my brother!"*Slap*The slap resounded around the room as you crumpled down on the floor,holding your cheek as you cried in pain.Ivan merely glared before going out of the room."Carolyn!!!"Soryu quickly came in when he saw you and embraced you,trying to soothe you."What the hell is wrong with you?!You're supposed to be her brothers and crown princes of Sanct Sybil yet you Slapped her!You're sister!"Soryu screamed.

Yakov looked down on Soryu,glaring coldly."Just as Ivan said.Commoners and Royals can never be together."He walked over to me just as Ivan came back an stood beside him."You must marry a man of high social status,not this foolish mobster"My eyes,still blinded with my tears,glared back as I stood up."I never said I wanted the life of a Royal!If I could,I would delightly be a commoner!"You roared as you rushed out from the room,Soryu on your heels."Carolyn!Carolyn wait!"You finally slowed down as you came to the garden and crumpled down on your knees,crying hysterically.

I felt Soryu's arms slip around my waist as I hugged him."Soryu Soryu Soryu"I kept muttering his name as I tried to calm my breathing."Tell me...where did he hit you"Soryu looked at me seriously as I slowly palmed my cheek on which Ivan slapped me.It stings.Soryu peppered it with feather-light kisses just so not to hurt it."Soryu..."He looks at me when I speak up.

"Let's go back to Japan"