Chapter Two

A  young female teacher that wears a black shirt with a matching skirt, and heels came forth, holding four small buckets, two hanging on each arm. A fifth year follows her, holding another four the same way. All students gather around, and watch, as the teacher and student set the  buckets down on a table, just outside of the Sweet Shoppe.

      "Line up!" The teacher yells, so we can all hear, and all of the studens hurry to obey. We gather in a long straight line in front of her, and she begins talking with the student in the front. I notice a Water Elemental girl behind my giving me an ugly look. We both just kind of look away uncomfortably. An Earth Elemental in front of me completely ignores us both. It doesn't take long before it's my turn.

     "Name?" The teacher asks politely, looking at me with kind brown eyes.

     "Nicolette Finch." I reply.

     "Year?" 

     "First."

     "Welcome." She says, with a nod of her head, while writing this down. "Element?"

     "Thanks," I reply. "And, fire."

     She takes a pin from a bucket. A tiny metal orange pin that looks like a single flame, and she pins it to my shirt. "Be sure not to loose that, and you'll find your uniform in your dorm later tonight. Next?" I nod, and follow the group of girls to the female Elemental's House. Some of the mixed elements chat on the front porch. I sigh, and sit up on the railing, enjoying the sight of the place for Elementals.

     "Hello," Somebody says behind me. I jump and turn around so fast, my black hair smacks me in the face. I spot a girl sitting on the railing beside me, her legs hanging over the side. She wears a dreamy expression as she gazes across the grounds. "Beautiful, isn't it?" She asks in a soft voice. "Never thought it'd look like this, from the stories my cousin told me." For the first time, she turns to face me funny, and I notice the ice shard pin on her shirt. I cover my fire one, for our elements don't get along.

     "My sister never told me much about this place." I reply carfully, knowing I won't be able to hide my orange bag. "She kept telling me that I'd figure it out on my own. But I agree, this truely is beautiful."

     She nods, her long light brown hair falling in her face. She pulls it up in a ponytail, and lets it rest on her slender shoulder. "I'm Katrina. Ice Elemental. What's your name?"

     "Nicole." I take a breath, and uncover my pin. "Fire.... Elemental."   

     Katrina turns her head quickly to look at me again, her rain drop-shaped earrings glinting in the light of the setting sun, along with a wave-shaped hair pin. One would think she'd be a water Elemental. "Fire?" She looks me up and down with a puzzled expression. "But you seem so... nice. I mean-" She catches herself just in time. "Isn't your element fueled off from anger?"

     I smile at her. "Not all Fire Elementals are jerks, you know." I look up at the forming stars. "But yes. Normally, my element is fueled by anger." It's true, a ticked off Fire Elemental can be very dangerous. "But that's not how I intend to use it. Although, when we're angry our elements kinda go out of control." 

     "I know the feeling there," Katrina agreed. "My ice element acts up whenever I'm nervous."

     "Now what's a Fire Elemental doing talking to a Ice Elemental?" I turn around to see a blond haired girl with an earth pin, glarng at me and Katrina.  

     "Leave us alone Emily," Katrina sighs. "We're all going to the same school. We should all try to get along."

     "Tuh." Emily stuck her nose in the air. "Get along? Fire and ice do not get along. Now come on,  and get with your group, they'll be here to open the doors any second. Unless you're a traitor to your element."

     Katrina glares at Emily. "Traitor to my element? Just because I'm talking to Nicole doesn't make me a traitor to my element." From where she grips the place where she's seated, ice begins to form on the railing. "We're all people, and I'm not a traitor to my element just because I'm friends with somebody with another element, so leave us alone."

     Emily rolls her blue eyes at us, and storms away, back over to her group as the last of the female Elementals join us with thier pins. "Who was that?" I ask Katrina.

     "Emily Powers." She replies. "Second year. Thinks that only pure elements matter, and that the elements should not mix, or even talk. She's an Earth Elemental, and not the nicest one out there. She only likes to hang out with other Earth Elementals. I would know. I was stuck beside her and her friend all the way here."

     "Ouch, that must have went badly." I reply. Katrina only nods, as a fifth-year with a silver fire pin instead of an orange one, steps up the stairs. I watch as the others scramble out of her way, and she unlocks the doors. "What's with the silver pin?"

     "It means that she's Head Girl of Fire, stupid." Emily snorted from somewhere beside me. I pretend not to have heard her, and follow the steady line of students inside the huge building. The inside takes my breath away. A winding staircase leads up to the unseen Elemental's dorms above. I spot the other Head Girls of the other elements, all with their silver element pins, standing below them. The floors are pure golden, with a giant crystal  chandelier hanging from the ceiling.

     "Quiet down!" Head of Water yells to try and silence us. She has dark brown hair put in two braids, and all of the Heads are clearly fifth-years. Head of Fire steps forward, her hands starting to smoke. Flames begin to dance at her finger tips, but that soon turns into a stream of flame reaching high above the heads of the others. We all shut up instantly and watch, as Head of Fire seems to pull the end of the line of flame back toward her, and the flame trail turns around, taking the brief shape of a giant roaring dragon before going out. All first and second years stare in disbelief.

     She stands again, her finger tips ceasing to smoke. "Now that I have your attention," She says. "First years, welcome to Elements Academy. Please follow the Head of your Element up to your rooms."

     Head of Dust speaks up, being a tall girl with dusty brown hair and freckles. "You'll find your uniforms waiting in your room for you."

     Head of Water speaks next. "And be sure to be down to the dining hall for dinner in a half hour." She claps once. "Now move along. Pip, pip!"

     I follow the crowd up a staircase, all the way to the fourth floor. Finally, we come across a door with a strange little machine by it. The red text reads:  "Welcome to Elements Academy. Insert fire here." The Head of Fire presses her hand against the small hope in the machine, and I see a small burst of flame emit from her palm, and into the small opening.

      After a few seconds, the glowing text vanishes, and is replaced with new text. "Accepted. Welcome to the Fire Elemental's House." With that, we all watch as the huge golden double doors with the orange flame design on it, slowly began to open by themselves...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment and Vote!

It would mean a lot! :D