Chapter 64

Megan Watson's POV

"Aren't we going in my car?" Harry asks with a point towards his car, his eyebrows furrowed in confusion seeing as I was walking the opposite way.

I shrug. "Nah. Why not walk?"

"But..." He pauses for a moment. "People will see us."

"And?"

"They'll think we're going out or something," he says quietly, slipping his hands into his pockets and looking down at his shoes.

"But we're not." I say simply. "So it doesn't really matter what they think."

He nods his head, taking in what I said. "Alright then." He gives in and I smile, before we start to walk to the nearest shop.

"So," Harry says after a few moments of walking in silence. I look up at him. "How're things with you and Niall?"

"Oh. They're good," I say with a nod of my head. "How about you?"

"What about me?" He asks with a small chuckle.

I laugh lightly. "How're things with you and your love life?"

"Eh." He shrugs, looking at the ground. "Nothing much. My love life is pretty much on strike at the moment." He laughs lightly.

"What do you mean by that?" I ask confusedly.

He shrugs. "I dunno. Like, I don't really wanna date anyone right now. I'm not really interested in girls at the moment."

"What? Are you bi or something?" I ask in surprise, looking over at him with my eyes wide.

"No!" He lets out a laugh at me, shaking his head, "No! That's not what I meant." He laughs again. "God, Megan." He breathes out, shaking his head at me.

"Sorry, sorry," I giggle, biting my lip.

He shakes his head at me again with a chuckle and we're silent until a young girl who looks around the age of twelve walks up to us, an older woman who I imagine is her mother trailing behind her.

"Hi!" She says cheerily to Harry, her gaze going from Harry to me repeatedly.

"Hello, love," Harry says to her with a smile as we stop walking.

"Are you two back together now?" She asks, excitement obvious in her voice, and I feel my body heat up with embarrassment.

"Erm, no," Harry chuckles, glancing at me for a moment. "Megan and Niall are going out now."

"Oh." The girl says with a frown, disappointment obvious in her voice.

I scratch the back of my neck, feeling really awkward and sort of hurt at the girls reaction.

"Can I tell you something?" She says, her question directed towards Harry.

"Course ya can," Harry says with a smile, which she returns, before she pulls him down to her and whispers something inaudible from where I'm standing into his ear.

Harry's eyebrows raise as he listens, and when she finishes, he lets out a laugh and stands up straight again.

"Wanna know a secret?" He asks her quietly with a smile on his face. She nods enthusiastically. He leans down and this time I'm able to make out the whispering. "Me too," he whispers back into her ear.

The girls eyes widen and she squeals excitedly.

"But that's between you and me, yeah?" He asks her with a smile.

"Yes!" She exclaims, the smile never leaving her face. Harry chuckles and then he takes a picture with her. When I'm expecting her to say goodbye to us, she turns to me.