Chapter 12

I walk into the bathroom to see Delilah fiddling with one of the soap dispensers.

"Delilah?" I call, making her turn around, "You okay?"

She frowns, "The soap won't come out of any of them."

I laugh, "You spent all that time but trying to wash your hands?"

"No!" She exclaims, "I met a girl called Lucy. She was really nice but she had to go."

"Oh, that's cool. Now, let's go - Niall is probably in a rush to get home," I say.

She nods and drys her hands with a hand dryer before we walk out of the bathroom.

Niall is sat down at the table, a girl leaving happily with a piece of paper in hand.

He smiles when he sees us, standing up.

"I think it's time to leave," Niall suggests. I nod.

We begin to walk out of Nando's and to Niall's car. We get inside and Niall begins to drive us to the hotel. Soon, we are there, and he parks the car. I open the car door, taking my bag of stuff in my right hand. Niall gets out too, opening Delilah's door for her.

"I'll bring you up to your room," Niall offers us. We all walk up to the hotel room, and I notice a middle-aged woman in the lobby staring at us, obviously recognising Niall. When we get to our door, I open it.

"Thanks so much for the Nando's, Niall!" Delilah grins, "And for the sleepover. It was so fun!"

Niall chuckles, "You're welcome."

"Bye, Niall!" Delilah hugs him, him having to crouch down to hug her back. He says a goodbye and Delilah runs into our hotel room, turning on the TV. I close the hotel door over and smile at Niall.

"As Delilah said, thanks for the Nando's. Even though you shouldn't have payed," I point out, making him chuckle, "The sleepover was loads of fun too! Tell the boys that I had a blast."

I notice him staring intently at me, and his gaze flickers to my lips and back up to my eyes. My breath hitches in my throat as he slowly leans in.

And just before our lips touch, I pull away and smile sheepishly, pretending to have not noticed him trying to kiss me.

He probably wasn't trying to kiss me anyway... Maybe he... lost his balance?

"I'll see you soon, yeah?" I ask, opening the door a bit.

"Oh," He looks disappointed. "Yeah, okay. I'll, uh, see you, then."

"Bye," I call.

What just happened?

---------------------------------------------

Later that day, at about 10:30, I'm sitting in my bed in my PJs, surfing the web, Delilah sleeping in the bed beside me.

My phone buzzes to the right of me and I pick it up, seeing I have a text from a number that hasn't been saved in my contacts.

From: 5559572

Hi love :) r u awake? x

To: 5559572

No, I'm asleep ;) who is this??

From: 5559572

Niall :D what ya doin? x

I save his number in my contacts.

To: Niall :D

Ohhh did harry give you my number? and im on my laptop, u? :)

We text for a while when my laptop starts to make a ringing noise.

Incoming Skype Call: Mum

She never actually uses skype other than for calling me so she has herself saved as 'Mum'.

I press answer and smile when I see her face pop up on the screen.

"Megan!" She exclaims with a smile, "You didn't call me, or Skype me since the night of the concert!"

"Sorry, mum," I apologise, "Alot's happened."

"Yeah? Like what?" She questions.

"Um, all of it?" I ask. She nods.

And then I tell her everything.

We talk for a while, before hanging up. I lie down on my bed and fall asleep, forgetting to check the unread messages on my phone.

---------------------------------------------

I wake up, rubbing my eyes. I turn around, trying to go back to sleep when there is a knock at door.

So that's what woke me up.

I pull the covers back, walking lazily over to the door.

"MEGAN!" Two cheery voices scream.

"Shh! You'll wake Delilah," I say to them, and they smile, "CeCe? Erica?"

"Yup!" CeCe grins as she walks into the room.

"Why are you guys here?" I ask, closing the door, "I wasn't expecting you."

"What? You weren't?" Erica asks, exchanging a confused look with CeCe.

"Didn't you get the boys texts? Or calls?" CeCe questions, tucking a strand of her long, wavy, brown hair behind her ear.

"They - ? Oh." I realise that I hadn't looked at my messages last night or this morning.

"Yeah, they want to wish you goodbye," She explains.

"Huh? You mean -" I get cut off by Erica.

"They're coming here to spend your last day in New York with you and Delilah? Yeah," Erica finishes.

"But, I didn't know! I'm not ready. Delilah's still asleep." I start to worry about it, even though there really isn't that much of a problem. "When are they coming?"

"About 30 minutes. We were all supposed to come at noon, but me and Erica decided to come early," CeCe tells me. "Good thing, too."

"You two are friends? Since when?" I question.

"Since we were like five. We went to school together," Erica says. "We both live in the area."

"Oh." I answer.

"Well, you don't have all day! Go find something to wear, and we'll wake up Delilah." CeCe shoos me away, towards the wardrobe.

-------------------------------------------------

A/N: GUYS THEY NEARLY KISSED. NIGAN NEARLY BECAME A BOOK REALITY. Lol.

I know this is EXTREMELY short, but the next chapter is REALLY long. Like, by far the longest in this book. It's pretty big.

As you can probably tell, Ligan isn't really gonna happen. Cus Liam.... He, uh..... Yeah, you shall see.

thanks for reading guys.

meltedpopsicle :)

FACT ABOUT THE CHAPTER: originally, harry was going to walk in when niall&megan were about to kiss. but it would be too awkward between them all so i changed it :D