Chapter 42

Megan Watson's POV

"Okay!" I call back down to Harry, before running down the stairs with a smile on my face, immediately opening the front door.

"Hey, M-" Niall is unable to finish his sentence, because I immediately hug him, making him stumble back a few steps.

He laughs lightly, "Wow, wasn't expecting that."

I laugh, pulling away from the hug and saying, "You look. Hm. Tanner. Is that even a word?"

"Well, I'm not exactly sure," He says, with a small laugh, "But let's just pretend it is."

"Good enough for me," I say, opening the door wider so he can come in.

"Hello there, Niall," Harry says from behind me, and I turn around to him, sending him a small smile.

"Hey, Harry," Niall replies, with a weak smile.

"Been in Ireland for the last couple days?" Harry asks, in an almost forced way.

"Uh.. yeah. Just with my family, and stuff." Niall shrugs, avoiding eye contact with Harry.

"Sounds good." Harry says, before wrapping an arm around me, "I've been with Megan."

"Well... yeah. I sorta guessed," Niall says, in a slightly rude way.

Harry said there wasn't a problem between them both...

I'm pretty sure he lied.

---------

"Alright. Hm.... Right, I got it!"

A few weeks after he first came, Niall and I sit in the living room of my apartment, playing a game out of boredom.

"Shoot," I say.

"I'm gunna be an optimist about this." He pauses dramatically, before saying, "Wait. I just forgot the words."

I laugh, "Well, that's smart!"

"Sure is," he says, "this game is getting boring now, can we do something else?"

"Sure." I nod. "But what was the song?"

"Pompeii. Bastille." He grins.

"Oh!" I exclaim, "I know that song! It's like, WHEN YOU CLOSE YOUR EYES, DOES IT ALMOST FEEL LIKE YOU'VE BEEN HERE BEFORE!"

"Wow. That was attractive," he says sarcastically, referring to my belting out the words of the song, "And yup. That's the one. Couldn't remember the words."

"Well, then." I sigh. "I'm officially bored."

"Same." Niall agrees.

After a few moments of silence, I say, "Harry's taking his time at the store."

"Sure is," Niall agrees.

"Are you two.." I say, "Are you... like, not getting on?"

"Erm... no. Wait, yes. Huh. Uh, we are getting on? I guess? I dunno. Maybe?" He says uncertainly.

"What happened." I ask.

"Nothing in particular." He shrugs. "I'll let you know, when I actually know."

"It's not to do with me, is it. Did I do something?" I ask, the words slipping out of my mouth.

"No. This has nothing to do with you." He says, but in the way he says it, I don't believe him.

After a long silence, I decide to text Harry.

To: Harry.x (took your phone.)

hii harry. why are you takin so long hm hm hm hmmmmmmmmmmm. wait what. anyways, i love you. x

I send the text and then Niall and I turn on a movie, immediately getting engrossed in it.

When there is a click at the door, I turn my head in the direction of it, knowing that Harry is finally home. I hear shuffling in the hall, and as he walks in, I stand up.

"Harry," I say, smiling, going to give him a peck on the lips before he roughly pushes me away from him, so that I fall back onto the couch.

I am completely startled, holding a hand to my heart, feeling pain on the inside and outside, because of Harry's rough push, not knowing what is going on. Niall stands up between Harry and I protectively, his hands balled into tight fists.

"Don't touch her! What's your problem?!" Niall shouts in Harry's face, as I watch, my mind completely jumbled up.

"She's my girlfriend!" Harry shouts back at him, and I notice a thin book or magazine of some sort crumpled up in one of his tight curled up hands.

"So you think you can hurt her?!" Niall shouts back.

"Do you think you can fuck her?!" Harry screams back at him.

Silence ensues for several moments, before Niall says, "What on earth are you talking about."

"This," he slams the magazine in his hand on the table in front of him, "is what I'm fucking talking about."

--------------------------------------------------------

A/N: harry could you mind your language maybe

ok guys so im sure you're all quite familiar with language and you don't have a problem with it but just so you know, there's gonna be quite a bit of language in the next chapter

but um, WHAT JUST HAPPENED

HARRYS REALLY PISSED AND NIALLS BEING PROTECTIVE OF MEGAN AND WHAT IS HARRY SO ANGRY ABOUT ASDFGHJKL HUH

this was actually SOOO short but it doesn't matter bc im updating alot and stuff happened in the chapter right

right

thanks for reading,

Lisa :)