Chapter Ten

(Crystal)

I dragged myself slowly to Dumboldore's office.

The sun had just settled below the horizon. A orange beam of light cast through the castle, lightning up the mood. I needed to get some things off my mind. And only one person could understand.

If I had told my sister, she'd freak out.

If I told Luna, she would tell me to tell my sister.

If I told Harry, he would for sure, think I was a Death Eater.

I was neither a 'Freak' or 'Death Eater'.

I was simply a Gifted Soul from the Underworld.

I stopped abruptly infront of the Gargoyle. I thought to myself, 'What was the password?'

Suddenly, it hit me. Something so simple. Something that Granfather much loved. Something he could never leave without his life.

"Lemon Drops." I said to the gargoyle.

It then, sprang to life. It twirled around, revealing a hidden staircase. It swirled up to the top, where there stood a platform. The platform then, led to a universe unlike  no other. Where my grandfather could be himself. It was a place I loved to visit, from time to time. Dumbledore's office was a great way to cheer up.

I took the first step, carefully holding onto the rail. I then began my march up the swirling stairs.

When I had made it to the door, I heard voices.

I knew that it was bad to listen, but I couldn't help it. I heard Draco's name.

I leaned closer to the door, my ear pressed against it. Through the thickness, I could hear muffled voices, which belonged to Snape and Dumbledore.

"When shall he begin?" I heard Dumbledore ask.

I then heard the soothing voice of Severus Snape. "Tonight. But if he doesn't succeed, we shall ask the girl?"

I could practically Dumboldore shaking his violently. "No. No..No need to bring Crystal into this business. She is only a girl. We can't put their Love on the line."

I stood frozen to my spot, widened eyes.

What did they want to use me for? Would I have to relive my past again? What was happeneing? And when did Severus find out about me and Draco?

Suddenly the voices stopped. I thought this would be a good chance to knock.

Carefully, I knocked on the door.

The sound of scraping chairs.

A wind curled around me as Dumbledore opened the door. "Hello, dear."

"Hello." I said. "Hello Professor Snape." I nodded kindly at Severus.

He smiled and delightly replied, "Hello to you too. And I must ask of you to call me Severus. If you please."

I smiled as he smiled back.

Then, with a 'whish' of his robe, he exited the office. Slamming the door behind him. I cringed as the door made a loud 'Bang'.

"Come sit. Sit." Dumbledore said, taking his seat behind the desk. I took a seat infront of the desk, shifting uncomfortably, trying to figure out how to explain.

"Professor." I said at once. Dumbledore raised an eyebrow at me. "I mean Granfather." He slumped back in his chair, smiling.

"I was wondering if you had heard anything from mother."

He sighed. "Unfortunately, I have not. But I have heard from Alice." I nearly fell off my seat.

"When? Where? How is she? Is she okay?--" He put up his hand, signaling for me to be quiet.

"She is okay. Very well. She asked me to tell you that she will be at Hogsmeade tonight and wants to see you."

I smiled brightly, until I remebered I promised Harry a date. 'Shoot.' I thought.

"But I told her maybe. Since you have that date with Harry." Dumbledore added, wiggiling his eyebrows at me. I laughed, he knew me so well.

"Im sure he'll understand, just give him a little hair flip." With that, my grandfather stood up and flipped his beard. I laughed even more.

We both laughed for a while. I wish everyday could be like this. Just hanging around with the family and no worries. Too bad, Voldemort was still on power. So, what am I supposed to do, except have a good laugh with my Grandfather.

"Well, I must go, Thank you." I pecked his cheek, before turning for the door.

"Wait, Crystal." I turned around.

"I think you should explain to Draco. He will understand. Love will overcome any obstacle." He siad.

I smiled and waved. When I had reached back into the corridors, I sighed.

Not all love can come over obstacles.