Chapter 12

Was he hallucinating? Was he seeing things? Or was that nurse just way too nosy.

Or maybe that was another miracle.

Pfui.

My butt. A mirage maybe…

But he wasn’t in a desert, he thought.

Just as he was about to deny another encounter again,  this time an old lady in a wheelchair came by.

“Excuse me son, can you bring me over to the coffee machine? I’m too tired to go by myself.” The old lady said.

“Sure.” Kyle answered.

“Thanks.”

After getting coffee, the old lady spoke, “When I was a little younger, my son used to be the one making coffee for me.”

“Where is he?”

“Well, he died at age thirty. Homicide.”

“Oh, I’m sorry to hear.”

“Well, that’s life. Everyone goes there too. Erick just went earlier. I used to blame it off on the police, ‘cause they couldn’t find the murderer. Then I blamed God for injustice.” Kyle thought the old lady had bigger problems than he had. So he asked, “Well, what happened next?”

“I got healed. I forgave whoever killed him and surrendered to God. Everything happened in God’s time.”

Kyle fell silent, absorbing the old lady’s last words.

In God’s Time…

A few moments later, the old lady was starting to stand up. Kyle helped her.

“Thanks, but I can do it myself. My room’s straight ahead.” She said.

“You sure?”

“Definitely.”

As the lady opened her door, she said to Kyle, “Do you know that Peter denied Jesus three times? Why? Because he was scared. Don’t be afraid to accept the truth, son.”

Kyle’s mouth was open again. Then he closed it, realizing it was becoming a bad habit.

Three times? Denied? What was the old lady talking about? First, the voice? Then, the nurse? And then the old lady herself? Were those three incidents made by God?

Oh. My. God.

Oh my God indeed.

Then he cried.

Note: Peter denies Jesus. You may read Mark 14:66-72