Chapter 5

It felt terrible. The pain's too much. It was hard to handle. First his father left them for another woman. That was enough to make him think there's no God. If God exists, why did He allow all this to happen? He prayed sincerely every night for his dad to come back. Well, did he? No. He never came back. Gail was wrong. She wouldn't understand.

But Gail understood. This was another risk but she just want to help nevertheless. she  found Kyle at the bottom of the stairs, wiping his tears.

Her heart twisted, It was where she was on the day her father died.

"Kyle?"

"Gail, leave me alone. Please, I want to be alone."

"You're not alone, Kyle. I understand how you feel. All my life I was angry with my father. He left us for some woman. I strive to become the greatest in school so that when I'm drowned with success, I can rub it in my father's face. Let him see his loss. I thought my inventions can make me rich and famous. I won't be the school nerd anymore. Not even Jack can touch me."

Gail was silent, letting Kyle's words sink in.

Kyle continued, "Now do you understand? Your 'God' Can't help me. Only I can help myself.

"Kyle, there's a reason why everything happens. God lets all this happen to you because-"

"Oh save it, Gail. I don't need that crap. Your wise words aren't wise at all.  They won't heal the pain away, do they?"

Gail started to wipe her tears falling uncontrollably.

"Stop! I don't want your pity!" Kyle said. But Gail only stared at him.

"I'm going to continue with my latest invention." Kyle said, standing up.

"Wha-?" Gail asked, puzzled.

"It's a time machine. It Transports objects to the past, present and future. It's still not working well, but I think I'm inspired to finish it."

"Kyle, please listen..."

"Gail, I have to go right  away..."

"Wait, Kyle!" Gail held his hand and tried to stop him as he was standing up.

"I'm okay. I have a great idea! This time machine will work and I'm gonna be famous for this! And what's better is that I can bring Mom back to life!"

"What?! That's crazy. You know that's impossible."

"It is. It's the new experiment. I was halfway already when I heard Mom fell on the floor..."

Gail shuddered and said, "Before the mountains were brought or ever you had formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, you are God. That's Psalm ninety, verse two. Only God holds time. Everything is his. He is-"

"Gail! Please, not now!

Gail was so tired of being rejected all the time. Then she walked out on Kyle. She just couldn't deal with him at that moment.