Chapter 11

Kyle opened his eyes to see what happened to him. He was bruised, bandaged and so many hospital apparatus were attached to him. He realized that he was already in the hospital.

St. Paul.

The same hospital his mother died.  He felt sad. Instead of moping, he suddenly felt thankful that he was alive… That’s when he tried to remember what happened before he fainted. Fire, burning, the house, fainting, then… The voice…

Whose voice was it?

“Kyle, my child, crawl!” The voice said, right? It wasn’t his father’s voice. And it certainly wasn’t his mother’s. So who could it be? Was it God?

No way.

As if.

Yeah right.

But in his heart, he knew it was true. The voice was clear as water in his memory.

A few moments later, a male nurse came to Kyle’s room to take his untouched food. He was whistling whatever music being played through his earphones.

“Excuse me,” Kyle said. “Have I had visitors a while ago?”

“Yeah, but they all left.” The nurse said.

“Oh I see.”

“See? I don’t think you see anything.”

“What?” Kyle asked confusedly.

“You still have a certain visitor.”

“Who?”

“It’s God. He’s always with you. You’re just denying him. It’s a miracle you got saved. Your house is nothing but dust. Yet when we found you, your shirt is as white as snow.”

Kyle was so dumbfounded by this realization, that it didn’t matter that his mouth was open.

The nurse continued, “He’s just waiting for his prodigal son. That’s you. Your girlfriend was here too. I heard her praying with your other relatives. You’re lucky ‘cause she loves God so god listens to her prayers and got your butt saved.”

Kyle wanted to ask the nurse who he was when his phone rang, “Excuse me, I have to take this outside.” The nurse said, coming out of the room.

“Wait! I need to ask you something!” Kyle cried. But when he got outside, the nurse was already gone.

Note: The prodigal son. You may read Luke 15:11-31.