Chapter 2

"Wow, seriously? You're going to put tape on the ground? What are you, 12?" I asked as Abbey bent down and stuck a line of lime green tape on the ground, dividing up our room.

"This is to make it extremely clear that that is your side of the room and this is mine," she said, standing up and huffing from the effort. She brushed her long locks of hair out of her face, placing her hands on her hips. I rolled my eyes at her.

"You're pathetic," I said. Now she rolled her eyes at me.

"But if you're drawing lines, then I guess..." I began, going to my closet and throwing it open. I yanked out the few dresses that were hanging in there and threw them onto her side of the room. She glared at me, screaming as the precious material hit the floor. "Those are not mine," I said.

"Do you have any idea how expensive these are?!" she cried, jumping to the ground to pick them up.

"I really couldn't care less. All that matters is that they were on my side of the room," I replied, making sure to mimic her voice in the last part. She shot me another death glare. I simply shrugged and adjusted my glasses on my face.

Then I sighed. I would have to wear my contacts until I could find time to go into town and get a new pair of glasses. I hated wearing my contacts. One, because they bugged me. Two, because they were such a hassle to put in every morning. It freaked me out to touch my own eye.

And usually, in the morning, my routine was to throw on a T-shirt and a pair of jeans or sweats and walk out the door without doing anything else. I wasn't a big make-up person. I didn't really care for dressing up or doing my hair all fancy. The majority of the time, I'd have my hair up in a messy pony-tail.

The fact that I'd have to make an extra effort to put contacts in every morning just pissed me off. I silently cursed the guy named Trey Vulcan for the hundredth time. Stupid idiot. I wouldn't have such an inconvenience if it weren't for him.

I pulled out my little contact case and went into the washroom.

"Bathroom's on my side!" Abbey yelled. I stuck my head outside.

"You know what else is on your side?" I asked. She looked at me, confused. "This really annoying girl who won't stop shooting her mouth off," I said.

"Must be talking about yourself," she said to me.

"She's also really dumb," I added.

"Fits your description perfectly," she chirruped.

"Did you know I have a black belt?" I asked her. I didn't really. But I knew how to whoop someone's ass if I had to.

"So? I have, like, seven of them," she said. I blinked at her and I realized that she thought I was talking about belts that you wear on jeans. I didn't even know how to respond to this because I figured she just embarrassed herself, so I went back to trying to put my contacts in.

"Mother f**ker!" I shouted, poking myself in the eye. I let out another stream of curse words as I jumped around in pain. I felt like ripping my eye out right about now. I groaned and looked at my now blood-shot eyes. Once again, I sent a curse in the way of that stupid Trey.

After finally succeeding in getting my vision back, I walked back out of the washroom.

"So you're father is the dean of the school?" Abbey asked. She was currently applying mascara to her eyes, her mouth slightly agape.

I rolled my eyes, my back to her. I was not in the mood for small talk, especially not right after we had just had an argument. I was already in a bad mood. And I was hungry. This school was so dumb. We had to wait until 7:00 every evening to eat. Apparently, eating together was a way to make a better student body community. I thought it was a load of crap.