Chapter 30

IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR BOOK 2, SEARCH "BOOK 2 OF THE TRINITY SERIES" AND YOU SHOULD FIND IT. If that doesn't work, then go to my profile and you will find it there. It has a black cover with the Trinity crest on it. Wattpad's being annoying and messing with my stories again. I'm trying to fix the problem. Sorry everyone!

____________________________________________________________________________

I woke up to sunlight streaming through my window.

I blinked a few times, just lying in my bed.

It was almost the end of the semester, which meant it was almost the end of the school year. I couldn't quite grasp how quickly the time had gone by, and yet how much had happened to me over the course of the past few months.

For one thing, about nine months ago, I was just a normal teenager (or as close to normal as my life allowed me to be) that had just lost her mother. I had been forced to live with my father, whom I hated, and then forced to attend this dreaded high school called Trinity, which I also hated.

Now, nine months later, my life had completely changed. I was finally coming to terms with my mother's death, although now I was more curious than ever about how exactly and why exactly she died. Instead of grieving about not having a mother, I was now preoccupied with learning the truth about her. In the course of the past few months, I had learned so much more and had even more questions. I ached to find the answers to these questions.

Who was my mother?

How had she died?

Why wouldn't anyone talk about her?

But besides the revelation about my mother, the one thing that had changed most in my life was the fact that I was a witch. I could do magic. And not only did I know how to do magic, I could actually perform it now. I was now able to concentrate my mind more easily than ever. I found doing spells was an easy task and unlike the first time I had tried to do magic, I didn't pass out anymore. Given, I was still at the same basic level as my peers, but at the same time, I was on a slightly higher level than them...not to brag, of course.

And then the third and fourth things that had changed about me: I was no longer single and I now had friends.

I had Trey now and we were in a full-on relationship. We still hadn't gotten any further than making out, but that was a long stride in the forward direction from where I had been before. Just under a year ago, I had never had a boyfriend, never been on a date, and never been kissed. And now, after a whirlwind of events, I was happily in a relationship, had the most perfect first kiss, and had been on numerous dates that I knew I would remember for the rest of my life.

I wasn't in love. No. That would be making it too serious. No. I was just happy and in a relationship. Like a teenager ought to be in.

And in addition to that, I now had friends. Until recently, I had been reluctant to allow Abbey to enter into my life as more than just an annoying presence that lived with me. But after the dance and after realising that she wasn't as bad as I thought she was, I decided to give my trust to her.

I had finally told her about what had happened with my father. And she, surprisingly, listened well.

It was a few days after the Spring Formal. We were on spring holidays, but we hadn't left to go to our homes because the spring holidays were so short. Trey had gone home, as his parents needed his help with some things at their home. So it was just Abbey and I.