Chapter Twenty Nine

Two months later, I had gotten used to New York and I loved it! The weather reminded me of Minnesota's. Darren and I haven't spoken much. We've been too busy to talk. We'll be lucky to talk twice a week. So that means that we haven't visited one another in the four months that I've been gone: until now.

My boss allowed me to have an earned vacation for all of my hard work. I decided that I'd go to Minnesota for a week, then I'd go surprise Darren.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The week in Minnesota passed and I had landed in California. I grabbed my bag and looked for Lea. She agreed to let me stay at her place while I was visiting.

I found Lea and we hugged. We walked to her car and started talking. As we drove to her place, we caught up. She has been doing pretty good with coping over Cory. She asked me how New York was and what it was like working for a big designer label. We had decided that I was going to go to work with her the next day and surprise Darren there.

She showed me to the guest room and we went to sleep, as it was late.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

The next morning, Lea woke me up and we ate breakfast while making small talk. Once we finished eating, we went to get ready for the day. I dressed in a pair of jean shorts and a floral tank top. I brushed my hair and teeth and walked out to the living room. Lea came out all ready to go and I slipped on my white TOMS.

She drove to the set and we walked into the building. Amelia saw us, squealed, and ran to hug me. We hugged and she said, "I didn't know you were coming!"

"It's a surprise for Darren. He doesn't even know I'm here," I told her with a smile.

"Well in that case, I have something for you to do. Like old times sake."

"What?"

"How about you get some of the actors ready for me?"

I grinned, "I would love that! Who?"

"How about Lea, Chris, and Darren?"

"It sounds good!"

"But for Darren, you need to act like I would before just walking in. He will get here around one. He'll go into his dressing room. At about 1:10ish, you'll go knock on his door. Once he says you can come in, just walk in."

I nodded and smiled, "Thank you Amelia."

She gave me some supplies and I went to get Lea ready. Once I finished with her, I went to Chris' dressing room. I knocked and he let me in. Once he finished freaking out that I was there, he allowed me to get him ready as we caught up.

At one o'clock, I got excited. I got a text from Amelia saying that Darren had gotten here. Finally, at 1:10, I walked to Darren's dressing room and knocked on his door. He called out, "Come on in Amelia!"

I walked in and he was already in the chair to get ready. I smiled and asked, "How come you were never this eager to get ready for me Criss?"

He quickly turned around and widened his eyes. He asked, "Am I dreaming? Or are you really here?"

"I'm really here Dar," I smiled.

He ran to me, picked me up, captured my lips with his, and twirled me around. Once he put me down, our foreheads rested together and he whispered, "I missed you."

"I missed you too," I whispered back.

We hugged one more time and he went back to the chair. I started to get him ready and we were silent. It wasn't comfortable either. It was awkward. This wasn't what I wanted when I came back. I just wanted to come spend time with my boyfriend and my friends. But I can't hang out with my boyfriend if we're going to be awkward.

Again.

---------------------------------------------

So she surprised him! And they're awkward again?! What happened there?! Just kidding, I know. I'm starting to plan the sequel. There aren't many chapters left in this story! :(

So softball is done. Thank gosh! Now I just have band. We are going to be in the 2014 Independence Day parade in Washington D.C. So I need to save up money for that. So there's more of my time taken up. And I'm turning 16 in almost a week!

Thank you for reading! Keep voting, commenting, and recommending, please!

~Sarah