Chapter Nine

The three of us went to Darren's and just walked in the front door. I got to Darren and joked, "Are you happy now? I just walked in."

"Yes. Actually, I am," he responded.

We laughed and a thought hit me. I face palmed and said, "You're the ones they were always talking about!"

Brian asked, "What? Who?"

"My friends would talk about you guys, as the Starkids, and I didn't realize it until now. I was always too busy to watch the musicals with them," I answered.

Joe asked, "Who are your friends?"

"Joe. Do you ever stop flirting?" I asked.

"Nope!" he grinned.

I rolled my eyes and told him, "Kayla and Kinley. Kayla's taken and, as far as I know, Kinley's single."

"What does she look like?"

I took out my iPhone and found a picture of Kinley and I. Kayla had taken it for me. Kinley and I were hugging with our graduation robes on. The three of us had gone to Oklahoma State together. Kinley's mint green eyes were shining. Her blonde hair was in loose waves. Her grin was a genuine, bright one. She looked amazing.

Joe kept staring at the picture. I put my phone behind my back. He told me, "She's beautiful."

"I know. And she'll be so happy when I call and give you the phone."

"Are you serious?"

"Yeah. You're one of her idols, and you're crushing on her."

I dialed Kinley's number. She answered, "I miss you Lay!"

"I miss you too Kin. I've got a surprise for you. Hopefully it makes up for me not talking very often," I answered.

"What is it?"

I put the phone on speaker and motioned for Joe to speak. He said, "Hi Kinley."

A few seconds later, she asked, "Layla. Who is he?"

"Who do you think he is Kinley?" I asked.

"He sounds like Joe Walker. From those Starkid musicals that you never watched."

Joe spoke up, "He, is right here. And he, is Joe Walker."

I laughed as Kinley squealed. I gave Joe my phone and went to sit next to Brian. He answered all of my questions about Starkid with a smile.

Lauren piped up, "We should do some karaoke!"

Everyone, but me, agreed and Darren went to go get his karaoke machine. He came back with it and handed Joey the CDs. Joey asked, "You have a Starkid one?"

We all laughed and Darren responded, "A fan sent it to me."

Jaime said, "Well, what are we waiting for? Put it in!"

"That's what she said!" Joe came in shouting.

He sat next to me, gave me my phone back, and asked, "What are we doing?"

Brian answered, "Karaoke."

Lauren said, "We should sing other people's parts. Not the ones that we had!"

Everyone agreed and Lauren and Darren went first for a song called "Me and my Dick". We all laughed. Next was Jaime and Brian with one called "The Way I Do". It was cute. Then it was Joe and Joey singing "Rogues Are We". That was hysterical because you could tell which parts were meant for girls.

Jaime laughed, "Joe, maybe you should've played Poison Ivy instead of Batman."

"Very funny Jaime," he responded.

Lauren said, "Layla's turn!"

"What? The only one I really know is 'Goin' Back to Hogwart's'," I explained.

"Then we'll all sing with you," she answered.

Darren started the song for us. Harry's part started and I sang as best as I could. When Harry's part ended, Jaime paused the song. I asked, "Was I that bad?"

Joey answered, "No! We didn't know you were a great singer!"

"I'm great?"

They all nodded their heads and I blushed. Lauren unpaused the song and we all continued to sing. When the song was done, I just listened to the other six sing.

---------------------------------------------

So it's a filler. But it's still one of my longer chapters. I only did this so I didn't have to skip through the entire day for them. I thought it would be kind of fun to sort of meet Kinley and to add a little Starkid fan fun (as in the karaoke).

I have off the rest of the weekend, so I'll try and write a new chapter for you. Please recommend this, vote, and comment.

Thank you for reading! Sarah